Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Atlanta people

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi folks! I'm from South Carolina, but I drive the Roadster through ATL regularly to visit family in Alabama.
I find the Hilton Garden Inn in Smyrna to be very convenient with the level2 charging out front!

I do an overnight there, and am fully charged to complete the trip the next day.

-Richard

I'm a bit off the beaten trail for you in West Cobb, 6 or 7 miles west of the Marietta Square, but I do have a 70amp HPC. Since it is in the back of my garage, however, I would need to know beforehand when someone needs it.

I know the HGI on Windy Hill is suppsoe to have a level 2 EVSE.

I'm from Atlanta and joined this group recently. I'm a Model S reservation holder (#5090 or somewhere in that range) and attended the "Get Amped Model S Tour" in LA this weekend. With limited 7 to 10 minutes drive and testing the features in the parked Model S..I love this one so far.

I'm a bit off the beaten trail for you in West Cobb, 6 or 7 miles west of the Marietta Square, but I do have a 70amp HPC. Since it is in the back of my garage, however, I would need to know beforehand when someone needs it.

I know the HGI on Windy Hill is suppsoe to have a level 2 EVSE.

Hi Sparrow, as I am headed to north Alabama, your location is a convenient stop, as I will exit the freeway near Marietta.

Would it be ok to visit and charge tomorrow afternoon?

Should be fine. How early in the afternoon are you planning on coming by? I have tennis until about 2PM, but my wife would be home thru the earlier parts of the afternoon. Email me Sparrow262 at yahoo.com and I will give you the exact address and contact info.

Hi, I'm a new model S reservation holder (P13602) in Alpharetta. I reserved mine maybe a week before the 2013 motor trend award came out.

I didn't think I would have to commit till maybe mid to late 2013, but since the new price increase, it appears Tesla is going to try and lock me in by end of Jan.

The prospect is now getting very real and very close, so I'm getting a little nervous-- I've never spent this kind of money on a car in my life... but I really want this car!!

Does anyone know if any of the Atlanta people actually received their car yet? Based on the map there are maybe 20 reservation holders in Atlanta, and we could probably extrapolate that to 200 (given that it appears that there are only about 1300 people on the map total tuned into this forum out of the 13K+ total reservations.)

I would really be interested in talking with and meeting some of the reservation holders who live close to me to discuss all the variables involved. I am so unsure about what options to get on my car, and it's looking like I may not even be able to get a test drive before Tesla forces me to commit, unless I travel to a Tesla store hundreds of miles away! (and I have very little time to do something like that before end of Jan...)

I will spend some time looking into the other discussions regarding options because it is true that I haven't done all my homework.
Also, the few times I've called Tesla they have been able to answer a lot of my questions, but I keep having new questions that come up.
Nevertheless would love to get to know some of the other Atlanta people and maybe even see a model S up close and personal locally!

Thanks.

I just became aware of the facebook group and I will definately be joining it.

I am looking for a sighting of a Model-S every day on GA-400 and haven't seen one yet (although a dozen cars in Atlanta is practically nothing so that's not surprising.)

Still can't wait to see one though-- have you seen one out and about yet?

- - - Updated - - -

By the way, I see that you are S105 - that's a pretty low number... did you get yours yet??