Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Red only for signature?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I read here after the beta event that it was going to be a red colour ("red moir" or something) for non-signature holders, but the design studio was not yet updated.
Has this changed since there is still not red colour for the standard Model S configuration in the design studio?

Signatures sold out back in January (Elon tweeted it) for North America at least. They're planning on adding the Muir Red to the regular production at some point but maybe not right at launch. I think they're looking to add a color a month to the production from what they were saying at the October event.

I believe the red for non-signature cars will be available sometime in 2013. If you go to the options and pricing page, you will see the colors that are available for non-signature cars and there is a red choice but it says 'Available in 2013'. It probably won't be the same shade of red as on the signature cars, but red will be available sometime for the non-sig cars.