Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Change Florida forum name?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ideally? Neither, as the most active "region" to start with I think Florida is and will get enough attention (as I guess CA will also) as a stand-alone State.

If I have to choose, then IMO we should expand to South-East. We already need 2 clicks away from the main page to view the thread list so making it another sub-forum down would push it to three clicks (right?) and I think that is too far down.

Ideally? Neither, as the most active "region" to start with I think Florida is and will get enough attention (as I guess CA will also) as a stand-alone State.

If I have to choose, then IMO we should expand to South-East. We already need 2 clicks away from the main page to view the thread list so making it another sub-forum down would push it to three clicks (right?) and I think that is too far down.
You could book mark it.

You could book mark it.

I had thought of that, but I'm thinking more of the user experience. Personally, I dislike adding ever more bookmarks as I build a long list, then occasionally go back to clean them up because I can't find what I want.

In general from the TMC home page you are only one click from a thread list, followed by one click to read posts which is great. Adding two clicks up front may impact the user experience and discourage use.

As for someone who does not live in Florida, but does live in the SE. I would think Florida being its own region is probably fine. I mean it is 800 mile drive to the Tesla store in Miami from Atlanta.

Southeast: MS, AL, TN, NC, SC, GA

And parts of VA, LA and north FL can join in if they feel like it.

...it is 800 mile drive to the Tesla store in Miami from Atlanta.

660 miles. But I'm not sure it's the store that would be the deciding factor (and maybe there'll be one in Tampa!). Larry did a survey around FL and the result was that the large majority would travel up to 2-3 hours for get-togethers of various sorts. We see another function of the Florida Owners Group being one of lobbying various issues at a local level and promoting EV use. Some of these things have broader resonance depending on geography of course.

660 miles. But I'm not sure it's the store that would be the deciding factor (and maybe there'll be one in Tampa!). Larry did a survey around FL and the result was that the large majority would travel up to 2-3 hours for get-togethers of various sorts. We see another function of the Florida Owners Group being one of lobbying various issues at a local level and promoting EV use. Some of these things have broader resonance depending on geography of course.

Whoops I was thinking of the Houston Store.

Hi Doug,

I agree with Nigel.

For now it makes sense to leave it as Florida. Folks have the option of creating threads that deal with local issues or announce local events. As Nigel suggests there may even be times when we are dealing with lobbying at a Statewide level where the Florida level forum would be appropriate. After we have sufficient content it will be easy for you to decide whether sub-forums are warranted.

As the content accumulates, you may find that certain topics, which are regional in nature, warrant being made into a sticky. Those regional stickies could eventually demonstrate whether or not its time to convert them to sub-forums.

Larry

Last edited:
I support Nige's and Larry's positions on the Florida level for the club. In fact when it first began, it was the "Southwest Florida" club as I recall and I suspect once the car goes into production owners will be popping out of the woodwork pretty fast and from a sheer numbers point of view it might make sense eventually to go back to localized clubs or chapters.