Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Oakbrook (Chicago) store

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

rabar10

Model 3 >> Focus Electric
Dec 3, 2010
Indianapolis, IN
We had a previous thread on the Chicago sales and service center, which is now referred to as Tesla Service Chicago. The new store for the region is in Oakbrook Center mall, which is ~10 miles west of downtown Chicago and ~8 miles south of O'Hare airport.

Has anyone been to the new store? Any pics?

From the events listed on Tesla's Oakbrook store page, it looks like the Model S Beta tour just wrapped up on March 25th -- was anyone able to go? The Model S 'tech display' looks to remain there through mid-April...

teslamotors.com/buy/stores said:
Tesla Oakbrook
58 Oakbrook Center
Oak Brook, IL 60523

Tesla Service Chicago
1053 W Grand Ave
Chicago, IL 60642

I was there during the Model S Beta showing as well, but didn't take any pics. The store is very small, but nice looking. I've known Seneca for a few years now as he was the main sales guy at the downtown Chicago store, and he is really capable and knowledgable.

Seneca gave me and 2 of my friends (we were in Chicago for a meeting) test drives in one of the old VP Roadsters right after they bought the store but hadn't started renovating it. I was a production Model S reservation holder at the time and told him I wasn't planning on getting a Roadster. He still let me and 2 people who definitely weren't getting a Tesla anytime soon go for drives. That was awesome and I ended up getting a Roadster anyway.

My family was at Oakbrook Center on Tuesday (3/27) and stopped in the Tesla store. They had a black Model S on display that my family was told came in the night before. When I was at the store on New Year's Eve, they had a different Model S beta on display. They told my wife that the one now there is different than the one I saw and encouraged me to come in and see it, which I plan to do this weekend. I'll try to upload a snapshot, which might give some impression of the little store.
TeslaOakBrook.JPG

Did you get a chance to see the store this past weekend?

I did visit the store on Saturday. They have a black Model S beta and a yellow Roadster in there. I liked the interior of this beta better than the one that had been there in December. I was told that this version was machine-made as opposed to the hand-made prototype of December. I will try to post pictures of the store and the beta.

I have been to the Oakbrook store several times, that is where I reserved my model S. For being in an actual mall its a nice store. There is always a lot of foot traffic and people asking questions. Almost everytime I am there, people are putting down reservations, that probably is because i only go when the S Betas are there and i am sure it's easier to sell the car when it's in-house. I have seen the signature red Beta and two different white Betas on site. The black one in the pictures definitely looks sweet. i am between white and black right now as my color choices, so i will probably be making a trip there this weekend assuming the black one is still there. The people are great and they will drop tidbits of information if they have heard anything from Tesla recently. I recommend anyone in the area to head out, its a good time and you can spend a good hour in the store just chatting and checking out the different features of the store.

I went there on Tuesday to make sure that the Drivers seat was comfortable for me and the lines of sight worked well enough. There are still mild issues finishing the car but the car will fit me and thus I will proceed with the signature performance rather than going cheap which I would have done if it didn't sit well enough, look low quality, or wasn't ergonomic enough. It passed with flying colors. The sales people were all very helpful. I also made my decisions about interior colors after seeing what I believe are final swatches.

I might be headed to Chicago for a test drive if my Model S doesn't happen to be delivered in Texas around the same time period. If I can make it, Frontera Grill is definitely in the cards.

Anyone know if the test drives will be based out of the Oakbrook store or from downtown?