Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Financial intrigues include Tesla Roadster

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ponte Vedra company in $30M legal battle with Wells Fargo

A Ponte Vedra Beach company that provides medical services to prisons is in a legal battle with one of the nation’s largest banks, and up to $30 million could be at stake.
MDI Holdings and Wells Fargo have filed suit against each other in the past week.

The financial institution — which got the company’s business through a merger with Wachovia Bank — claims MDI owner Richard Willich spent money on himself, not his work.

Willich used loans to buy a 2010 Tesla Roadster, a high-end electric vehicle, according to court documents. Wells Fargo also claims Willich loaned himself $4.9 million for his farm and more than $300,000 for a biography and screenplay about his life.

A security worker at the front desk of MDI’s headquarters in the Nocatee community was told that no one would comment on behalf of the company. A vehicle cover featuring a Tesla emblem protected a car with a sporty body style in MDI’s gated parking lot....

Oh, and Richard Willich was also a big financial donor to our wildly popular Governor Rick Scott.....:rolleyes:

To paraphrase Somerset Maugham: Florida = A sunny place for shady people?

I know of this guy. He was nice enough to let me charge during my 380 mile trip from Atlanta to Ponte Vedra Beach, FL last December. He installed a NEMA 14-50 outside of his office to charge his Tesla.

photo-20.jpg

According to my sources in PVB and based on my visit to the company HQ; he spent a fortune building the facility (horrible location) and on the art inside. Apparently, he has one of the largest collections of art from renowned Florida artists. My brother drove by the bulding the other day and said the Roadster is still parked in the same spot we left it last December. I've become numb to stories about bankers making dumb lending decisions.