Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S foglights

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can someone explain the operation and the features of the Model S fog lights. I've attached an image pointing out the areas of concern.
fog light.jpg

Thanks

td, I don't profess to 100% know, but I have seen pictures where A was illuminated as an LED strip (perhaps the tech package upgrade?). So perhaps it's part of the DRL while B is the "normal" fog lamp?

IMG_2587.JPG

with this blown up, it looks like there MAY be a turn signal in there too?

We have that cornering lamp on our A6, and I'm not 100% sure, but I thought it was located higher -- like within the headlamp enclosures. I'll have to remember to check tonight.

If you wanted to think overly positive, perhaps a little radar thing for adaptive cruise?

For those that have the fog lamps, can someone please let me know if they believe they are worth it? I finally got an answer to my question of purchasing the new fog lamps and having them installed, however I'm not sure its worth the price being asked. I've been quoted 1550$ for the lamps and installation. That is almost double what I expected.

Is it possible to only have the LED strip "A" illuminated without the foglight "C" ??As in the picture below ?

td, I don't profess to 100% know, but I have seen pictures where A was illuminated as an LED strip (perhaps the tech package upgrade?). So perhaps it's part of the DRL while B is the "normal" fog lamp?

View attachment 5155

with this blown up, it looks like there MAY be a turn signal in there too?

For those that have the fog lamps, can someone please let me know if they believe they are worth it? I finally got an answer to my question of purchasing the new fog lamps and having them installed, however I'm not sure its worth the price being asked. I've been quoted 1550$ for the lamps and installation. That is almost double what I expected.

In Arizona they are useful driving at night, because when set to 'on,' they are off when brights are on, but turn on automatically when you turn the brights off so they illuminate in front and to the sides a bit more in a sort of "intermediate" way between the low/high beams. I like the illumination field they give, as compared to having them set to 'off,' and toggling the brights, as if I didn't have them installed. So I haven't used them in actual fog yet, but am glad I got 'em.