Page 15 of 37 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast

Thread: New Englanders -- check in!

Blog Entries
    Well this made my morning! And a good thing, too -- with Sandy pressing down on the area!
    SOLD | Roadster 2.5 #1077 | Very Orange | Forged Wheels | Electronics Package
    Model S #SSL146 / VIN #246 | Signature Red | Black Interior with CF Accents | 21" Silver Wheels | Panoramic Sunroof | Performance
    http://fearlessbit.com/

Quote Originally Posted by cinergi View Post
    Well this made my morning! And a good thing, too -- with Sandy pressing down on the area!
    Great and well-earned. Hope that Sig is in the Bat Cave - no, the Ben cave - this evening.

Colleagues of the kWh, anyone have an extra invite for the event in NYC Monday? I would so very much like to go. let me know if you see a way for me to "be" invited. I can get myself there or drive you. Thanks - Jim

Model S VIN P01536 Robert.Boston's Avatar
    [moderator's note: some posts about the MA dealer litigation were moved HERE.]

Hello all. My name is George from Freetown, MA. I test drove the S (performance) a week ago Friday - 11/30 (Dania Beach, FL store) and placed my reservation this past Tuesday, #15,292. Mike Snow, the Dania Beach rep told me approximate "conservative" delivery time is nine months, somewhere around September. I would not have placed the order had I not test driven the vehicle first. The car handled beautifully and was on a par with my 2009 Mercedes 550SL. The S will be my wife's car - I'm keeping the SL (12 to 18 miles per gallon, please don't ban me from the site).

Quote Originally Posted by geharmon View Post
    Hello all. My name is George from Freetown, MA. I test drove the S (performance) a week ago Friday - 11/30 (Dania Beach, FL store) and placed my reservation this past Tuesday, #15,292. Mike Snow, the Dania Beach rep told me approximate "conservative" delivery time is nine months, somewhere around September. I would not have placed the order had I not test driven the vehicle first. The car handled beautifully and was on a par with my 2009 Mercedes 550SL. The S will be my wife's car - I'm keeping the SL (12 to 18 miles per gallon, please don't ban me from the site).
    Welcome to the club. I'm sure you'll be swayed to the E-side...

@geharmon: Welcome! I confess I had to look up where Freetown is located (and here I'd thought I knew MA geography). Please drop a pin on the WikiMap (linked in my signature).

Anyone have news to share about Superchargers on the East coast? It's possible I'll have an S around Christmas (!!!), and would love to drive to Philly to visit my Dad for New Years. I've got a place on Long Island to L2 charge overnight, so getting to NY isn't a problem, and from NY to Philly should be easy. Getting back to NY is the issue. No chance of L1 or L2 charging at my Dad's place in Haverford...but that rumored Delaware SuperCharger might be not too far out of the way if it exists and is operational. If not, the trip can wait, but it's worth asking the question.

Thanks.
    --Woof!
    On the Internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

I asked my DS, and he isn't in the loop on SCs. I'm working up the chain of command -- like you, I'm planning a trip to Baltimore on the 18th, then over to VA on the 19th and 20th, and I would love to take the Model S. Only feasible, though, with the SC in CT and in DE. Looking pretty unlikely. @woof: you should sign up for a SEMAConnect charge card -- they have several charging stations in the Philly area.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert.Boston View Post
    I'm working up the chain of command
    Keep us informed...if you can

Quote Originally Posted by Robert.Boston View Post
    you should sign up for a SEMAConnect charge card -- they have several charging stations in the Philly area.
    Thanks for that...yet another charge system I didn't know about. Interesting that the limited number of charging stations in the Philly area are mostly pay, as contrasted with here in Mass. where most are free, and very few are pay (for now, anyway).

Seeing those chargers in King Of Prussa reminded me...wasn't there going to be a Tesla store there...or am I making that up?
    --Woof!
    On the Internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

Thread Information