Page 1 of 42 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: New Englanders -- check in!

Model S VIN P01536 Robert.Boston's Avatar

New Englanders -- check in!

Greetings, fellow New Englanders. Please reply on this thread to say hello.

I'm Robert, and I live in Boston (really, not a suburb). I'm an energy economist and consultant to wholesale power market participants and governments, so EVs are something of a busman's holiday for me. Looking forward to my Model S this fall!

Greetings! I'm Jarrod and I live in Boston (technically) though I'm far from downtown. I'm a TSLA investor and I plan to purchase the 3rd Generation Vehicle from Tesla.

Hi Robert!

I own a Roadster in VT about half-way up the state not far from Dartmouth College in NH. My wife might get a Model S when our number comes up so we can be an all-electric family. We're about half-way between Boston and Montreal with 70 amps for anyone passing through.

I've enjoyed your intelligent and informative presence on this forum and look forward to meeting you in person some day.

I'd like to organize a rally in VT this fall in early October (peak foliage) when it's breathtakingly beautiful driving through our mountains. Hoping to work out logistics this summer.

-Henry
    Last edited by hcsharp; 2012-03-25 at 05:20 PM.

Blog Entries
    Robert and I met some months ago at a school's energy fair while I demo'ed my Roadster and answered questions.
    I've had the Roadster since October 2010. I live in Newton, MA. I have a Model S (special sig) reservation. Check out my signature for my blog (which I need to update!)
    I've been doing IT Systems Admin/Engineering for ~15 years now.
    SOLD | Roadster 2.5 #1077 | Very Orange | Forged Wheels | Electronics Package
    Model S #SSL146 / VIN #246 | Signature Red | Black Interior with CF Accents | 21" Silver Wheels | Panoramic Sunroof | Performance
    http://fearlessbit.com/

Hi Robert!

I always read your posts. Nice work! I'm an avid reader of the forums and signed up 4 weeks ago in Brookline with reservation no. 7459. Looking forward to the test drive next. I was just fiddling with the new Web Design Studio and it's looking like the Grey Napa Leather with Piano Black accents interior and Black exterior with 19-inch wheels. Still on the fence about the Pano roof.

Hopefully we can all meet up sometime this summer, perhaps immediately after some of the early reservation holders receive their cars.

I live in South Dartmouth, MA. I'm a Field Application Engineer for an Annapolis, MD company. When I'm not traveling, I'm working from home.
    Excited to be a member of the Tesla Motors Club of New England!

Paul L

Hi all. North Andover here. Model S reservation holder, and ActiveE "masstronaut".
    --Woof!
    On the Internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

Blog Entries
    BTW I'm more than happy to show & tell my Roadster, take folks for a spin in it, etc ... and do the same thing for the Model S (which I should have pretty early on).
    SOLD | Roadster 2.5 #1077 | Very Orange | Forged Wheels | Electronics Package
    Model S #SSL146 / VIN #246 | Signature Red | Black Interior with CF Accents | 21" Silver Wheels | Panoramic Sunroof | Performance
    http://fearlessbit.com/

Model S VIN P01536 Robert.Boston's Avatar
    Sounds like there'll be a party at cinergi's house when he takes delivery of his Sig this summer! At SS146, that should be rolling in around early August?

Hello fellow electrified enthusiasts. I am a Robert as well. I live in Fairfield, CT and at number 4,538 for an S. Seems so far away but worth the wait. Going to buy up to the performance package. Dark Grey at this point with black leather, carbon fiber trim, and pano roof.

I am contemplating picking the car up at the factory and driving it cross country home. Any of you electric veterns have any ideas/experience with that? I know it will take a while (I look forward to that) but not sure it is even possible. In New England and CA, seems like distance between charging locations is not a problem. But in the big wide open places in the middle, will I have to run an extension cord from my Motel 6 room?

RV sites will be the best stops for charging in the middle of the country until Superchargers are available. Then, depending on what is available at the campsite (some have cabins) or maybe motels nearby, whichever monitor system is available to you (tattler, OVMS or whatever is new for Model S) you can remotely monitor the charging process. Previously, with the Roadster, you kinda had to be there to be sure charging carried on.

Thread Information