Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Frozen VDS

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
S

smoothoperator

Anyone else here have a problem with a frozen VDS?

Was leaving a restaurant last night and the Fasten Seatbelt warning came up on the VDS (even though I had the seatbelt fastened) along with the tone. I attempted to dismiss the warning but the screen did not respond to any taps. I ended up driving home without the VDS, just a very weird problem.

I played with th VDS a bit when I got home and the frozen display seems to be triggered by the seatbelt being fastened late.

Never had this problem before but last week I did get the firmware updated and I am thinking that this may be a bug in the firmware?

I've had a frozen VMS, but never VDS. They are separate processors, so I guess it is possible.

Is it still frozen, or did a sleep fix it? Have you tried the open+shut the charge port door multiple times trick?

I've had a frozen VMS, but never VDS. They are separate processors, so I guess it is possible.

Is it still frozen, or did a sleep fix it? Have you tried the open+shut the charge port door multiple times trick?

I had to disconnect the 12v by the headlight to unfreeze the display. Even when the car was parked and off ,the screen would still show Fasten Seatbelts. I was able to replicate the problem a few times (by putting my seatbelt on as the car was moving).