Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Easter egg in the Design Studio?! - Konami Code

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

gg_got_a_tesla

Model S: VIN 65513, Model 3: VIN 1913
Jan 29, 2010
Redwood Shores, CA
While trying to get past the bug mentioned above, on the iPad, I was repeatedly tapping on the Piano Black option, I think, when the design studio threw this at me!

After that, the whole page froze up and I had to refresh - no "bonus views" in sight at that point but, there's an Easter Egg in there for anyone wanting to dive deeper! I couldn't get to this dialog again after that one time :(

bonus-views.PNG

While trying to get past the bug mentioned above, on the iPad, I was repeatedly tapping on the Piano Black option, I think, when the design studio threw this at me!

After that, the whole page froze up and I had to refresh - no "bonus views" in sight at that point but, there's an Easter Egg in there for anyone wanting to dive deeper! I couldn't get to this dialog again after that one time :(

View attachment 5043

I haven't been able to get this to work on a computer, but on an ipad you go into the configurator (select a model first) then perform these swipes:

UP, UP, DOWN, DOWN, LEFT, RIGHT, LEFT, RIGHT then tap on the screen 3 times. For the Model S it "unlocks" the street view which is currently broken because the image won't load. If you do it on the roadster's design studio, you get 3 additional view buttons added to the view list (the 3 'real world' views).

I haven't been able to get this to work on a computer, but on an ipad you go into the configurator (select a model first) then perform these swipes:

UP, UP, DOWN, DOWN, LEFT, RIGHT, LEFT, RIGHT then tap on the screen 3 times. For the Model S it "unlocks" the street view which is currently broken because the image won't load. If you do it on the roadster's design studio, you get 3 additional view buttons added to the view list (the 3 'real world' views).

How the heck did you figure that out. Just playing with it or looking at the code?

Does this get me a new Lui Kang or Raedon fatality?

Does the Konami code work on other tablets, e.g. Android, PC tablet with Windows 7 or Windows 8 Consumer Preview? Anyone figure out how to enter the Konami code with a keyboard?

Yes, on a computer put your caps lock on. Use the arrow keys to do the up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right sequence, then hit the B and A keys (keep caps lock on, won't work if you hit shift to do it) then press enter.

*edit* looks like it'll recognize it without caps lock as well

Last edited:
Not sure but it sure does give you 30 lives in Contra!

Up - Up - Down - Down - Left - Right - Left - Righte - B - A - [Select] - Start

If you want 2 player you need the select.

As if I didn't love Tesla enough -- using the Contra cheat code is AWESOME! Didn't it also give you unlimited guns or ammo or something? It's been over 20 years since I used that. Thanks for the memories, Telsa and El!

Yeah but... I can get the alert that the bonus views are unlocked, but has anyone actually seen any bonus views?

Not yet; here's AnOutsider's summary above:

For the Model S it "unlocks" the street view which is currently broken because the image won't load. If you do it on the roadster's design studio, you get 3 additional view buttons added to the view list (the 3 'real world' views).