Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Is anyone getting a black top?

What roof are you getting.

• I am getting a black car.

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • I am getting a body color roof.

Votes: 19 22.9%
  • I am getting a black roof, on a non-black car.

Votes: 6 7.2%
  • I am getting the pano roof.

Votes: 56 67.5%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

ElSupreme

Model S 03182
Jan 13, 2012
Atlanta, GA
So Tesla is offering a black top on any car. Is anyone planning on getting a black top (assuming you aren't getting a black Model S).

I think it looks good, if not a little odd, on the white. It can work on the silver and grey. But I think it doesn't really fit on any of the colors.

And offering a black top seems odd to me. A white one would make more sense as it would keep your car much cooler. And well I would consider this on pure function. But I have only lived in Florida and Georgia so I may just have a 'warm climate' point of view.

I had a black top on a green BMW in "Need for Speed III", if I recall correctly. :) I think it is kind of a "sporty" look, but I definitely won't get one for my S. I seem to recall an article posted here that studied temperature and exterior/interior colors and said that the temperature difference in the interior wasn't significant with a black roof (but the exterior temperature was noticeable).

I'm getting a black roof on a white car. I've always liked that look and got my fusion-red Roadster with black CF hard top. Also owned an Eagle Talon TSI that came standard with a black top - looked really nice. If I lived where it was hot I might think differently but I doubt it.

Wife and I were debating getting the black roof with the Blue exterior but, I think we are ending up leaning towards the pano roof. Just concerned that we might later regret not getting a roof that can open; the Model S will be our sixth car over several years and we never had one that didn't have a sun/moonroof or a ragtop.