Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

REAL Pictures of Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

AnOutsider

S532 # XS27
Apr 3, 2009
So with the studio here and more and more folks looking to make a decision on their color, I figured we could start a thread with REAL pics of the Model S (no renders, actual pictures taken in person).

I'll kick it off with pics I've collected from various posts from the sig color event last weekend and others I've collected over time. Let's try to keep these to recent pics!

If any of the photogs want their pics removed or credited just send me a message and apologies in advance.

all.jpg

Silver:
_MG_0859.jpg
silver.jpg
silver3.jpg
IMG_2588.JPG
AstnJCpCQAA6pVi.jpg:large

silver-perf.JPG

Last edited:
It's pretty easy to tell, but the two middle images of Signature Red aren't very color accurate (less magenta) and indeed the paint in person looks more like the top and bottom. In full daylight there is spectacular depth to the red. What's the opinion of Tesla Silver on Model S?

@pxy - In daylight is the sparkle of the first image in the thread still noticeable or is it muted because the red is simply too bright?

IMO the daylight really brings out the sparkle of the Red, makes it look great. One of the Tesla folk said something about the Sig Red having "glass flakes" in it that really pick up the sunlight.

@pxy - In daylight is the sparkle of the first image in the thread still noticeable or is it muted because the red is simply too bright?

Maybe sparkle isn't the right word-I don't think it's intended to be a metallic. The last picture I feel is spot on, now if I can just dig up more pictures of it. From the color pallet at least, Red is really the only color that is offered until blue starts to surface.

My signature red photo is colorwise a bit between those above, but more like the first and last.

View attachment 5035

On the pearl white one you can see that one of the lights at the Santana Row event is a bit colored (a bit sunset like).

View attachment 5036

Thanks Norbert, I added the pics to the respective posts. In the white pic, was the hood popped? I'm noticing more and more that panel gap seems to be a visual issue with the white car that I don't notice on the other colors. At first I thought the hatch or frunks were open, but then I noticed it on the doors of the first white pic I posted as well.

how does the black car look in person?

The black looks sweet in real person. In fact all of the cars look better live than in studio.

My wife said, "red looks like a sedan, black looks like a sportscar." I kind of agree with her, but I'm not sure I have the diligence to keep a black exterior car super clean all the time.

My opinion with black is that it's all about the chrome: around the windows, under the door, nose cone, rear diffuser, logos. When you go to look at a black S, you end up drawn to looking at the 21" wheels or the DRL's. And the chrome (which is real).
And you can really go to town with it and do piano black accents, black interior, performance wheels, pano roof (or black, same look), heck even the underside come black standard...

The black looks sweet in real person. In fact all of the cars look better live than in studio.

My wife said, "red looks like a sedan, black looks like a sportscar." I kind of agree with her, but I'm not sure I have the diligence to keep a black exterior car super clean all the time.

Tell your wife that limos come in black and sports cars come in red. :)

Everytime the Oakbrook store gets a new color, I go to check it out, I was between Green, Blue and White for my colors, but when I saw the black in person, I am all-in on the black and think that is the color ill go with.

The black does look more like a sports car, if I was a sig i would be very interested in the Red, saw it today and its a deep sexy color, looks great!!

I had problems coming up with an interior configuration that I liked for the Blue, thats another reason its out of my choices, do still want to see the green tho!

Thanks Norbert, I added the pics to the respective posts. In the white pic, was the hood popped? I'm noticing more and more that panel gap seems to be a visual issue with the white car that I don't notice on the other colors. At first I thought the hatch or frunks were open, but then I noticed it on the doors of the first white pic I posted as well.
I went looking at the white pictures for these gaps and... now I'm seeing it. It isn't just the white cars, I think, nor really that noticeable. It is like the sync lines in trinatron monitors -- you don't see them until somebody points them out to you, and after that it is easy to see.