Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

It's Time to Build Your Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

ggr

Expert in Dunning-Kruger Effect!
Mar 24, 2011
San Diego, CA
Referral Code
We just got the email from TM: It's time to build your model S. (We're Sig #32.) It has a link taking us to the design studio, but it's the same one that's been there for a few weeks, with interior trim missing and stuff like that. But it asks us to set a time to talk to them to configure it. "We would like to set aside a time that is convenient for you to configure your Model S. In the next few days we will call you to schedule an appointment. If you have a time that works best for you, just let us know via email and we'll contact you accordingly." Of course this happens when I'm about to fly to Australia...

Awesome!! Hope they give you a functioning design studio before you have to choose. I'm undecided on what will look better with white interior - lacewood, carbon fiber, or banana leaf, and personally would need to see pix. Let us know how it goes!

Best news I've heard all day!
Any relation?

driver-fun-hawaii-mclovin-movie-Favim.com-203552.jpg

Reading this thread makes me wonder. I got an email from one of the guys at the local store saying that the design studio would be up in the store on Monday. He asked if I would like to set up an "appointment" to come in. It didn't occur to me that he might be intending that I commit to a configuration. I interpreted it as, "Hey, come in and play with the design studio." But he never said that in the email and this has me wondering.

Nah, can't be. I'm going in on Tuesday night after work to play with the design studio. Calm down, keep it steady. Relax. I can't, I'm so excited!

We just got the email from TM: It's time to build your model S. (We're Sig #32.) It has a link taking us to the design studio, but it's the same one that's been there for a few weeks, with interior trim missing and stuff like that. But it asks us to set a time to talk to them to configure it. "We would like to set aside a time that is convenient for you to configure your Model S. In the next few days we will call you to schedule an appointment. If you have a time that works best for you, just let us know via email and we'll contact you accordingly." Of course this happens when I'm about to fly to Australia...

Congrats! This is exciting for multiple reasons. Thanks for sharing this great news.

While exciting, this news is almost causing me some trepidation. Perhaps partly out of some odd psychological effect of having waited so long, I am sort of comfortable in that state of anticipation that I don't think I can handle the real thing! haha.

But more so because I feel like it's almost too soon. There's still so much to see and news to hear from Tesla. I honestly wouldn't feel comfortable having to lock in my options right now considering how little I've actually seen. We haven't seen all of the colors, nor all the interior options. There haven't even been pictures of all of these options, let alone the ability for me to see them in the flesh. We don't know the full extent of the warranty. And then there's the whole issue of test drives :) I for one would like to see how it drives, and compare the standard car to the performance edition, as I may end up upgrading. I am not in a position to make that call without having driven both. As excited as I am for the Sig folks, I actually don't envy their position. I'd much rather wait a few months and make a more informed purchase.