Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any Sacramento-area forum members?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I do plan to drive from the bay area to Sacto quite frequently (sister-in-law is in Elk Grove by the 5). I'll be on the lookout for kid friendly restaurants with charging as I'm not 100% sure I can charge much at the house in Elk Grove. Their laundry room is inside the house, so my options once there are:
1. run UMC into laundry room and unplug their dryer. Door to garage will be slightly open due to the cable and the cable will cross in front of a bathroom, inviting tripping.
2. charge on 110 and find a restaurant or something with a decent power station
3. hope Tesla installs a Supercharger in the area
4. pay for an electrician to install a 14-50 in their garage (assuming they would let me)

I'm most likely getting the 60kwh pack (40 is cutting it too close) so I may have some wiggle room if I start with a range mode charge, but unless I keep the car plugged into 110 for 2 days I don't think I will have enough to get back home.

I do plan to drive from the bay area to Sacto quite frequently (sister-in-law is in Elk Grove by the 5). I'll be on the lookout for kid friendly restaurants with charging as I'm not 100% sure I can charge much at the house in Elk Grove. Their laundry room is inside the house, so my options once there are:
1. run UMC into laundry room and unplug their dryer. Door to garage will be slightly open due to the cable and the cable will cross in front of a bathroom, inviting tripping.
2. charge on 110 and find a restaurant or something with a decent power station
3. hope Tesla installs a Supercharger in the area
4. pay for an electrician to install a 14-50 in their garage (assuming they would let me)

I'm most likely getting the 60kwh pack (40 is cutting it too close) so I may have some wiggle room if I start with a range mode charge, but unless I keep the car plugged into 110 for 2 days I don't think I will have enough to get back home.

Check out the large number of 30amp J1772 chargers in the area at recargo.com. If you get into a bind, you can always charge at my house. But I'm off the 80, in Loomis. There are some 70amp chargers in Roseville and also in Auburn. Still not close to you. But you may find that 110 at night is enough to give you the margin you need to get home.

In case you miscalculate, there are also J1772 30amp chargers along the route between Sac and the bay area - Dixon, Davis, Vacaville - and more popping up every day.

Last edited:
Not exactly Sacramento, but I go there often and have family there. So lots of reasons to go.

Elk Grove has a couple chargepoints at walgreens. Also near freeport.

NOTE: Any excuse to take the river road is welcome. The Roadster is great on that drive from Antioch to Sacramento.