Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any Sacramento-area forum members?

Blog Entries

Any Sacramento-area forum members?

There are a lot of SF-area events, but logistically it's not always doable for me to attend. Are there other forum members here who'd be interested in a drive?
    PLEASE NOTE: Posts are the copyrighted intellectual property of the author, and are intended as part of a conversation within this forum. My words may NOT be quoted outside this forum, without my expressed consent.

Well, Sac & SF area are pretty close to equal distance for me. My sister lives in El Dorado Hills area and I will definitely head over there when I get my S, probably not till late this year. I would love to meet up when I do!

I do plan to drive from the bay area to Sacto quite frequently (sister-in-law is in Elk Grove by the 5). I'll be on the lookout for kid friendly restaurants with charging as I'm not 100% sure I can charge much at the house in Elk Grove. Their laundry room is inside the house, so my options once there are:
    1. run UMC into laundry room and unplug their dryer. Door to garage will be slightly open due to the cable and the cable will cross in front of a bathroom, inviting tripping.
    2. charge on 110 and find a restaurant or something with a decent power station
    3. hope Tesla installs a Supercharger in the area
    4. pay for an electrician to install a 14-50 in their garage (assuming they would let me)

I'm most likely getting the 60kwh pack (40 is cutting it too close) so I may have some wiggle room if I start with a range mode charge, but unless I keep the car plugged into 110 for 2 days I don't think I will have enough to get back home.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kipernicus View Post
    I do plan to drive from the bay area to Sacto quite frequently (sister-in-law is in Elk Grove by the 5). I'll be on the lookout for kid friendly restaurants with charging as I'm not 100% sure I can charge much at the house in Elk Grove. Their laundry room is inside the house, so my options once there are:
    1. run UMC into laundry room and unplug their dryer. Door to garage will be slightly open due to the cable and the cable will cross in front of a bathroom, inviting tripping.
    2. charge on 110 and find a restaurant or something with a decent power station
    3. hope Tesla installs a Supercharger in the area
    4. pay for an electrician to install a 14-50 in their garage (assuming they would let me)

I'm most likely getting the 60kwh pack (40 is cutting it too close) so I may have some wiggle room if I start with a range mode charge, but unless I keep the car plugged into 110 for 2 days I don't think I will have enough to get back home.
    Check out the large number of 30amp J1772 chargers in the area at recargo.com. If you get into a bind, you can always charge at my house. But I'm off the 80, in Loomis. There are some 70amp chargers in Roseville and also in Auburn. Still not close to you. But you may find that 110 at night is enough to give you the margin you need to get home.

In case you miscalculate, there are also J1772 30amp chargers along the route between Sac and the bay area - Dixon, Davis, Vacaville - and more popping up every day.
    Last edited by bonnie; 2012-03-22 at 03:44 PM. Reason: hit return too soon :)
    PLEASE NOTE: Posts are the copyrighted intellectual property of the author, and are intended as part of a conversation within this forum. My words may NOT be quoted outside this forum, without my expressed consent.

Roadster NA #1026
    Not exactly Sacramento, but I go there often and have family there. So lots of reasons to go.

Elk Grove has a couple chargepoints at walgreens. Also near freeport.

NOTE: Any excuse to take the river road is welcome. The Roadster is great on that drive from Antioch to Sacramento.

I live in Sacramento. The Model S will be my next car. I'll be happy to meet up when I do

Model S Sig Perf, VIN 586
    I'll be taking delivery near the mall in Roseville. Maybe we make an event of it. Hopefully the office will become as geeked out about the car as I am, so should be fun.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason S View Post
    I'll be taking delivery near the mall in Roseville. Maybe we make an event of it. Hopefully the office will become as geeked out about the car as I am, so should be fun.
    I'll bring my Roadster, just let me know when (assuming I'm not tied up w work). Party!

I've noticed quite a few new charging stations in the area here lately. Especially at Walgreen stores. I even saw one in West Sac near Ikea, where I teach a couple of nights a week.

Blog Entries
    With the Model S deliveries rolling out, we've started getting more forum members in the Sacramento area. We have a group started, please join at Sacramento Area Tesla Motors Club - Tesla Motors Club - Enthusiasts & Owners Forum.

I'll get a drive/lunch planned after the first of the year. Please post any ideas you might have!

Thread Information