Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Suggested Tesla Supercharger locations in Florida

Model S Perf Sig 1055 Larry Chanin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NigelM View Post
    Guess that depends on how you see the 60kWh battery pack? Personally I wouldn't consider it a road trip car, well at least not on any sort of regular basis. Of course if Tesla is going to put superchargers every 100 miles or so I wonder why amy of us bothered to buy the 85kWh version....
    Elon has recently spoken on the subject and he feels that the 40 kWh battery pack should not be considered a road trip car. It seems that the 60 kWh battery pack was always considered for the Supercharging network, it was just the pricing of the access to the network that was up in the air for a while.

Tesla is still pretty California-centric but I wonder how many superchargers FL would really need/get if they're to be every ~100miles?
    I would be happy if the Florida Supercharger intervals were between 125-150 miles.

BTW Larry, I'm also becoming increasingly certain that with our flat terrain I could get 400 miles out of a charge if we could find the right route.
    Yes, no doubt if you could travel slow enough without getting rear-ended by the faster traffic.

Larry
    Last edited by Larry Chanin; 2012-12-01 at 06:20 PM.
    FLORIDA TESLA ENTHUSIASTS (Founder & President)

My only regular long distance trip is from Boca Raton to my mother-in-law's in The Villages. Fort Drum Service Plaza on the TP would be ideal, but it is probably too far to be the only supercharge between Miami and Orlando. Somewhere near the Fort Pierce TP/I-95 intersection would be a better location for Miami/Orlando. Somewhere near the TP/I-4 intersection would probably be good too.

Or I could just do the whole 220 mile journey on one charge at 60mph - NOT!

Quote Originally Posted by Nickjhowe View Post
    My only regular long distance trip is from Boca Raton to my mother-in-law's in The Villages. Fort Drum Service Plaza on the TP would be ideal, but it is probably too far to be the only supercharge between Miami and Orlando. Somewhere near the Fort Pierce TP/I-95 intersection would be a better location for Miami/Orlando. Somewhere near the TP/I-4 intersection would probably be good too.

Or I could just do the whole 220 mile journey on one charge at 60mph - NOT!
    Hi Nick,

Did you have any specific suggestions regarding a potential host locations that would have the necessary amenities?

I noticed a Cracker Barrel Restaurant at Rt-70 between I-95 and the Turnpike and an RV resort in that vicinity.

There's a Fuddruckers located near the intersection of the Tunpike and I-4.

Larry

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Chanin View Post
    Hi Nick,

Did you have any specific suggestions regarding a potential host locations that would have the necessary amenities?

I noticed a Cracker Barrel Restaurant at Rt-70 between I-95 and the Turnpike and an RV resort in that vicinity.

There's a Fuddruckers located near the intersection of the Tunpike and I-4.

Larry
    The best place for the Supercharger in Orlando would probably be the Mall at Milennia. It's right off the intersection of I-4 and the turnpike.

Quote Originally Posted by Anzir View Post
    The best place for the Supercharger in Orlando would probably be the Mall at Milennia. It's right off the intersection of I-4 and the turnpike.
    The Mall at Milennia might be an excellent location, especially since a Tesla store is eventually planned for that location.

However, it may be unnecessary to have a Supercharger located in Orlando because there are some at hotels there where one can obtain a full charge overnight.

In other words Orlando is a major destination. The initial allocation of Superchargers probably should be located between major destinations rather than at them.

Larry

Actually, I think it would make perfect sense as Orlando is the crossroads of Florida with I4 connecting both coasts and the turnpike running N/S.

Of course, having a supercharger nearby would be just plain cool

I spent yesterday morning at the Dania Beach store/service center getting my new 21 inch wheels and asked about new supercharger stations.The only feedback I got was that Orlando was a certainty for a supercharger station.No guess as to time frame.

Items for Sale

Florida Supercharger??? Any word on where?

The latest blog posting mentions a Florida supercharger. Any buz on where this might land?
    P8911 ViN4288 85KW Silver Grey Obeche P85 21s Dual/Tech/Sound/Air Delivered 2/6/2013.
    P14936 Model S #2 14694 Red/Black/Black P85+ Dual Charger Solid Roof P+ 7/20 delivery.
    White/Tan S85 18201 ordered 7.26 delivered 9/2/12 (accident damage 12/12). Replacement White/Tan S85 delivered 3/5/14

My bet is Orlando.

Vero Beach.

Thread Information