Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

San Antonio

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

dsm363

Roadster + Sig Model S
May 17, 2009
Nevada
Great to have these local forums now. Thanks.

We should have a Tesla get together for the Roadster owners, soon to be Model S owners and Tesla fans. Maybe somewhere like Yardhouse or Scenic Loop Cafe. Any interest?

I am in San Antonio, and I have been planning on putting in my reservation closer to september. I am not a doctor or a lawyer and don't make lakes full of cash so I need to save up for awhile if I want to stick to being debt free.... or close to it :)

Be interesting to know if some people work in the same place I do though. Were a pretty big name in San Antonio

I am in San Antonio, and I have been planning on putting in my reservation closer to september. I am not a doctor or a lawyer and don't make lakes full of cash so I need to save up for awhile if I want to stick to being debt free.... or close to it :)

Be interesting to know if some people work in the same place I do though. Were a pretty big name in San Antonio

Welcome. Very smart way to do it. Hopefully we get even more Teslas in the area and can arrange a get together at some point.

I would be cool with a get together, though considering I lack a Tesla yet and probably won't have one until Q3-Q4 2013, not sure what I can bring to the table. I'm surprised there are actually four people in San Antonio period that have Tesla vehicles or are interested.

Wewlcome

Bardlebee - Welcome! Not sure what the rate of participation is on forums vs. actual number of roadster owners + S reservation (+X reservations now) holders. There are probably a few more, but not dozens. I think it will take some time for Tesla to open a Dallas and then Austin showroom before we get a sniff - Austin would be a 2 hour improvement on Houston though, hopefully they'll locate south and not north of the river.

I'll bite - USAA, Valero, Rackspace, HEB, CPS, ATT, other?

It's Racksace. :)

I enjoy my job here and my career is starting to really take off lately and I am kind of young as well (26) to maybe be considering an expensive car such as this. To be honest, I wasn't a car guy before the Tesla, but after seeing the movie "Who Killed The Electric Car?" I have been following Tesla even before they announced the Model S. So, I have a good year of saving to do before my financing.

So I am trying to NOT buy the Model S with all financing as I don't want to disable myself with a huge payment.

It's Racksace. :)

I enjoy my job here and my career is starting to really take off lately and I am kind of young as well (26) to maybe be considering an expensive car such as this. To be honest, I wasn't a car guy before the Tesla, but after seeing the movie "Who Killed The Electric Car?" I have been following Tesla even before they announced the Model S. So, I have a good year of saving to do before my financing.

So I am trying to NOT buy the Model S with all financing as I don't want to disable myself with a huge payment.

That's smart. Don't finance the whole car if you can save up for it instead. Set up a separate bank account that is your Model S fund (maybe a conservative mutual fund too) and save up. Can always finance part of it but financing the entire car is best avoided if it's possible.

Why don't we just post things here. I actually didn't even know the groups function existed here and people may miss it. t have a Google group I created last year for San Antonio too. If you want to join, PM me with your e-mail address but most posts should go here for meet ups but they should also be posted here..

Last edited:
Just wanted to say I met with dsm363. Cool guy and he let me try a ride in the Roadster, which was nice because before that day I haven't seen one in real life. It's all been through videos, lots of videos. I am very pumped about the Model S, but won't be getting it until Q2 of next year. I feel happy and jealous for all you guys in San Antonio with your Model S. We should all get together when one of us gets one so we can all take a ride :)

For anyone looking to have more extensive paint armor done, I've found a mobile installer of the 3M VentureShield film which I think is the same product Tesla uses (I'm trying to confirm that).

I'll report back on how the install goes but am looking to have the entire hood done.

Pinnacle Customs - Automotive Protection & Design
11844 Banera Road, #149
Helotes TX 78023
(210) 602-9597

Can anyone recommend a really good auto detailer (mobile if possible) in the Austin/San Antoino area? I'm not sure if it makes a difference but I have the Zaino products so if they know how to use that, that would be preferable. Thanks.

When is everyone here expecting their Model S, roughly? It would be be neat to get together once maybe 2-3 of us have theirs, or maybe when one of the first of us have it so we can do an extended review. :)

I won't be getting it for another 10 months so, don't hold your breath there. I will definitely be the reviewer. :)

dsm363 is definitely on the fast track. I was originally told February 2013 when I reserved 2/1/12 at #7006. I am going to get the airshocks and 85KW, so perhaps I have a chance to move up. Happy to do it when we get our car, happy to gawk at someone else's in the interim.