Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: San Antonio

Cattledog, I haven't even reserved, wow I guess I will be waiting awhile when I do so in Sept. Which... suits my needs anyway, I will be needing to save up for roughly a year to get a payment that I can enjoy.

I am excited for you dsm363, pretty awesome to know its coming next month.

Bardlebee - Why don't you put in for a test drive at Houston, Dallas, and Austin? There's always a chance they'll have extra slots and you might get your first shot that way.

CD

Roadster #1144 + Sig 114 dsm363's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cattledog View Post
    Bardlebee - Why don't you put in for a test drive at Houston, Dallas, and Austin? There's always a chance they'll have extra slots and you might get your first shot that way.

CD
    He'd have to have a reservation. He could always reserve now and take the one time deferment next spring or place a second reservation in fall and cancel first one.
    Last edited by dsm363; 2012-08-22 at 04:12 AM. Reason: Typo

Well, its not that I don't want to reserve right now, but I have to save up for two months to get the 5k :P I don't just have it on the side unfortunately. I have been very focused on paying off my current car permanently. So, as I said above I will have to wait till Sep to reserve. I am not necessarily super eager to test drive because I know there will be plenty of time for that, the sentiment was more to hang out and talk about Tesla in real life with people that don't think I am crazy.

EDIT: Obviously everyone's opinions on financing are different, but I am shooting for a 700 or less car payment. I am seriously considering the 300 range after all so I will have to drop 40k or a bit more if I want that. I can "afford" a 2000 dollar car payment, but that's not for me. By afford, I mean not have much money left for other things like putting money away for savings/retirement/stocks and such. Want to get on that boat early.

What makes me think you can try for a test drive even without a reservation, if you want one, is the sign-up box on the 'Get Amped' homepage for non-reservation holders - might be for when cars are in showrooms, but might be for when a tour site has a spare slot.

The Get Amped Model S Tour | Tesla Motors

Doubt they've had any open slots up to now, but eventually they might. Never hurts to try.

Bardlebee - Why wouldn't you want to test drive if you could get one in Texas now during the August test drives (perhaps Houston showroom will have a car by early fall)?

Heard on my test drive today that Austin is getting a store and service center. Now just move one big city south, closer, closer, you're getting warmer (literally)...

Quote Originally Posted by Cattledog View Post
    Heard on my test drive today that Austin is getting a store and service center. Now just move one big city south, closer, closer, you're getting warmer (literally)...
    This is good news. I won't have to drive 3 hours to see the store now.

Hey guys, so for those about the receive their cars here in a few months, have you looked into insurance rates for the Model S? What kind of deals have you gotten and what kind of coverage does it outline. I won't have to worry for another year (sigh) but I was curious.

S85 - VIN:P05130 - 3/2/13 jerry33's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bardlebee View Post
    Hey guys, so for those about the receive their cars here in a few months, have you looked into insurance rates for the Model S? What kind of deals have you gotten and what kind of coverage does it outline. I won't have to worry for another year (sigh) but I was curious.
    There are threads on this. Here is one. Seems like between $800 to $1100 per year is typical except for some companies which charge way more.
    1. Do not copy anything that I post outside of the TMC forum without permission.
    2. Any advice or opinions posted here are to be taken as my personal opinions only. There is no implied warranty, fitness for purpose, or official statements from any company I may have been or am affiliated with.
    3. Even the best recommendations are wrong when used inappropriately.

Quote Originally Posted by jerry33 View Post
    There are threads on this. Here is one. Seems like between $800 to $1100 per year is typical except for some companies which charge way more.
    Well I was asking because this is pretty variable depending on region of the US. But thanks!

Thread Information