Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: San Antonio

Roadster #1144 + Sig 114 dsm363's Avatar

San Antonio

Great to have these local forums now. Thanks.

We should have a Tesla get together for the Roadster owners, soon to be Model S owners and Tesla fans. Maybe somewhere like Yardhouse or Scenic Loop Cafe. Any interest?

How many 'Spurs' are out there with Roadsters or S reservations? I am an S reservation holder, #7006 (early 2013 they said).

There are 4 Roadster owners that I know of. Not sure how many Model S people but I hope there is a lot.

I am in San Antonio, and I have been planning on putting in my reservation closer to september. I am not a doctor or a lawyer and don't make lakes full of cash so I need to save up for awhile if I want to stick to being debt free.... or close to it

Be interesting to know if some people work in the same place I do though. Were a pretty big name in San Antonio

Quote Originally Posted by Bardlebee View Post
    I am in San Antonio, and I have been planning on putting in my reservation closer to september. I am not a doctor or a lawyer and don't make lakes full of cash so I need to save up for awhile if I want to stick to being debt free.... or close to it

Be interesting to know if some people work in the same place I do though. Were a pretty big name in San Antonio
    Welcome. Very smart way to do it. Hopefully we get even more Teslas in the area and can arrange a get together at some point.

I would be cool with a get together, though considering I lack a Tesla yet and probably won't have one until Q3-Q4 2013, not sure what I can bring to the table. I'm surprised there are actually four people in San Antonio period that have Tesla vehicles or are interested.

Wewlcome

Bardlebee - Welcome! Not sure what the rate of participation is on forums vs. actual number of roadster owners + S reservation (+X reservations now) holders. There are probably a few more, but not dozens. I think it will take some time for Tesla to open a Dallas and then Austin showroom before we get a sniff - Austin would be a 2 hour improvement on Houston though, hopefully they'll locate south and not north of the river.

I'll bite - USAA, Valero, Rackspace, HEB, CPS, ATT, other?

It's Racksace.

I enjoy my job here and my career is starting to really take off lately and I am kind of young as well (26) to maybe be considering an expensive car such as this. To be honest, I wasn't a car guy before the Tesla, but after seeing the movie "Who Killed The Electric Car?" I have been following Tesla even before they announced the Model S. So, I have a good year of saving to do before my financing.

So I am trying to NOT buy the Model S with all financing as I don't want to disable myself with a huge payment.

It's Racksace.

I enjoy my job here and my career is starting to really take off lately and I am kind of young as well (26) to maybe be considering an expensive car such as this. To be honest, I wasn't a car guy before the Tesla, but after seeing the movie "Who Killed The Electric Car?" I have been following Tesla even before they announced the Model S. So, I have a good year of saving to do before my financing.

So I am trying to NOT buy the Model S with all financing as I don't want to disable myself with a huge payment.
    That's smart. Don't finance the whole car if you can save up for it instead. Set up a separate bank account that is your Model S fund (maybe a conservative mutual fund too) and save up. Can always finance part of it but financing the entire car is best avoided if it's possible.

Hey guys I made a group under the "Community" section called Tesla Club Texas. Very basic right now but I figure we can put ourselves in it in case anyone else from San Antonio wants to join in.

Thread Information