Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AT&T/wi-fi whining

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

AnOutsider

S532 # XS27
Apr 3, 2009
With that settled, let me b*%ch about AT&T. Crappy coverage around my home. Admittedly, they cover the nation pretty well though. Hopefully the plans will be reasonable.

As George stated, there are still a lot of little things to get done but he didn't see any roadblocks and, in fact, said that there would be some "cool surprises" for Signature owners.

Still skeptical. What was "more than meets the eye" and where were the "surprises" at this weekend's event? We all knew the X was going to be there... We did get to see the wheels I guess... Tesla, you've got me jaded!

*edit* I did not create this thread or the title -- this and the following posts were pulled from another thread. In context, the post was meant to relieve some of the negativity floating in that thread. To be clear, as long as the connectivity works on the road and is reasonably priced, I don't really care who provides the service -- and certainly didn't feel it was worth an entire thread -- especially not with the chosen title.

Last edited:
Maybe the cool feature for Signature owners is they'll include whatever center console option for free. For general production, while it would have been nice to include more storage as standard, I think this actually gives people some flexibility. As long as they're not going to charge 1-2K for these upgrades and make them reasonably priced depending on the complexity involved then this gives the people who want it open that option and those that don't something to pick from.

I guess I will have 4 data plans from AT&T then (iPhone, iPad, OVMS and then Model S). Awesome.

Whoa, smack-down with the thread title!

indeed... But that seems to happen often when posts get moved to new threads. Now it's out of context and it indeed looks like whining. I was just trying to bring some lightness to a thread that was getting so negative. It definitely wasn't something I would have made an entire thread about :rolleyes:

In the end, I don't give a hoot who the plan is through as long as I get good service and it's reasonably priced.

In the spirit of the newly christened thread, I sure wish that AT&T could offer a unified plan for a household that included non-phone and phone 3G/4G devices in a bundle. Paying separately for iPhone, iPad, and Model S is bizarre.

I know that we could just tether the Model S (for a fee), but my phone is on a separate plan (my company's) than my wife's, and I don't want to have to pay two tethering charges.

In the spirit of the newly christened thread, I sure wish that AT&T could offer a unified plan for a household that included non-phone and phone 3G/4G devices in a bundle. Paying separately for iPhone, iPad, and Model S is bizarre.

I know that we could just tether the Model S (for a fee), but my phone is on a separate plan (my company's) than my wife's, and I don't want to have to pay two tethering charges.

There has been rumbling about a family shared data plan since last summer. AT&T is probably waiting until they can figure out how to a) screw customers (ie. not beneficial), b) make it super complex and/or c) just teasing us.