Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Motors: Please post a new video of the Tesla Factory

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello Tesla Motors,

Could you (TM) post a new video of the Beta or Release versions of the Model S going the through the build process at the Tesla Factory. I think it would be nice for the current reservation holders, potential buyers and the general auto industry to see that the Model S is no longer being hand built and that they are coming off of the very beautiful and technologically advanced Tesla factory floor.

Model S VIN 43 and 44 that were recently shown during the Santana Row event are excellent examples of the craftsmanship coming out of the factory and it would be nice for all to see the actual process of building an "S".

thanks,

tdelta1000

I'm kinda' hoping that Tesla might give reservation holders somewhat of a glimpse into the live assembly line at some point. It'd be perfect if each of us res holders can see our own car coming off the line (via streaming video online!) atleast at the very end of the assembly process (with no trade secrets being caught on video)! Now, that'd be groundbreaking!

I'm kinda' hoping that Tesla might give reservation holders somewhat of a glimpse into the live assembly line at some point. It'd be perfect if each of us res holders can see our own car coming off the line (via streaming video online!) atleast at the very end of the assembly process (with no trade secrets being caught on video)! Now, that'd be groundbreaking!

Groundbreaking yes but I think that would be over kill. A simple video highlighting the building of a Beta or Release version of a Model S. Anything else would be gravy.

This was discussed during one of the interviews last weekend. It is not possible because the cars are made in batches depending on color packages etc. so your specific car is not necessarily coming off the line after the previous reservation number. So it becomes logistically impossible to satisfy everyone whom would like to see this. Also it is not groundbreaking since Volkswagen has been doing just that for the Pheaton and also their Bugatti brands but there the volume is much lower and the cars much more handmade and therefore not batched to the same extent as a large scale production car

my two cents on the subject

Guess they heard you
Twitter

AoiGflYCEAAk0IR.jpg

They also posted this to their Facebook feed with the description of "Shots from the Tesla Factory: Here robots install the panoramic roof. High definition 3D cameras precisely locate the vehicle body, so a robot can place the panoramic roof system accurately within a fraction of a millimeter."

Hello Tesla Motors,

Could you (TM) post a new video of the Beta or Release versions of the Model S going the through the build process at the Tesla Factory. I think it would be nice for the current reservation holders, potential buyers and the general auto industry to see that the Model S is no longer being hand built and that they are coming off of the very beautiful and technologically advanced Tesla factory floor.

Model S VIN 43 and 44 that were recently shown during the Santana Row event are excellent examples of the craftsmanship coming out of the factory and it would be nice for all to see the actual process of building an "S".

thanks,

tdelta1000

At the end of this blog post:

The countdown is on… It’s time to deliver Model S! | Blog | Tesla Motors

We find:

"I find myself spending more and more time at the factory lately as we prepare to deliver our first cars. As I walk alongside the assembly line, past the paint booths and through the Plastics Center, I think there are lots of interesting activities going on that you might like to see. I am amazed at how fast our robots can position major sections of the car and how quickly our massive presses can transform huge rolls of aluminum into doors, hoods and battery enclosures.

Several weeks ago I challenged the teams at Deer Creek and Fremont to find a way to share some of these cool activities with our friends and family around the world. I’m happy to say they have met the challenge. Starting with this post, we officially begin a new series called “Inside Tesla.” Every Tuesday from now through the start of Model S deliveries we are going to post a blog with a new video and a collection of images highlighting a segment of the Model S manufacturing process. Be on the lookout, we might also have a few surprises to share along the way :)."

So the OP might get his wish ...