I had a good talk with the new VP of Worldwide Service, Joost de Vries. Joost has has over 20 years of experience in automotive service & joined Tesla about 3 months ago. He will be based in Fremont, at the factory, and is busy staffing up to provide 'the same level of customer service to new Tesla customers that Roadster owners have come to expect'. Good guy, I liked him.
A few things that should be of interest to current Roadster owners:
- The Model S iPhone app for monitoring car information will be available to Roadster owners sometime this summer. I saw it running on Joost's phone, they're testing now. If you will have more than one Tesla vehicle in your garage, you should be able to monitor all with one app.
- Brakes. There will be a brake system upgrade available.
- Stockpiling of parts. Joost has been buying up many of the salvage Roadsters & also has new parts 'enough for 15 years or so'.
- Extended Warranty to be offered to current owners who didn't purchase.
- Certified Used Roadster program -this will allow new buyers of Roadsters to also get a warranty for their used Roadster.
- There should be some news on battery replacement options soon.
He told me several times that he is committed to making sure Roadster owners continue to have exciting choices going forward. I, for one, was really glad to hear we weren't becoming 'old news'.