Page 1 of 42 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Roadster - new options

Blog Entries

Roadster - new options

I had a good talk with the new VP of Worldwide Service, Joost de Vries. Joost has has over 20 years of experience in automotive service & joined Tesla about 3 months ago. He will be based in Fremont, at the factory, and is busy staffing up to provide 'the same level of customer service to new Tesla customers that Roadster owners have come to expect'. Good guy, I liked him.

A few things that should be of interest to current Roadster owners:

• The Model S iPhone app for monitoring car information will be available to Roadster owners sometime this summer. I saw it running on Joost's phone, they're testing now. If you will have more than one Tesla vehicle in your garage, you should be able to monitor all with one app.
    • Brakes. There will be a brake system upgrade available.
    • Stockpiling of parts. Joost has been buying up many of the salvage Roadsters & also has new parts 'enough for 15 years or so'.
    • Extended Warranty to be offered to current owners who didn't purchase.
    • Certified Used Roadster program -this will allow new buyers of Roadsters to also get a warranty for their used Roadster.
    • There should be some news on battery replacement options soon.

He told me several times that he is committed to making sure Roadster owners continue to have exciting choices going forward. I, for one, was really glad to hear we weren't becoming 'old news'.

Roadster #1144 + Sig 114 dsm363's Avatar
    That's great news and a smart move. It's only a few thousand customers and for a billion dollar company, the cost of doing something like this has to be small and is also good PR.

On the iPhone app, does this mean they're natively supporting 2.0 Roadsters and above via the GSM or are they going to add something to the 1.5s to support everyone?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dsm363 View Post
    That's great news and a smart move. It's only a few thousand customers and for a billion dollar company, the cost of doing something like this has to be small and is also good PR.

On the iPhone app, does this mean they're natively supporting 2.0 Roadsters and above via the GSM or are they going to add something to the 1.5s to support everyone?
    I believe the plan is to support everyone.

Thanks for sharing this very good news, Bonnie.

Maybe some of the grumpy Model S reservation holders should read this thread.

Blog Entries
    Sounds like they are building their own Tattler / OVMS?

Blog Entries
    Agreed. This thread and the update I posted regarding charging today at headquarters. Customer service is stellar. People need to chill out.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Doug_G View Post
    Have built. I suspect it's what they built for the S and are extending it to work with Roadsters.

Roadster #1144 + Sig 114 dsm363's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Doug_G View Post
    Sure sounds like it. I and I know many other owners had asked for this for a long time. As soon as I got my car and saw what the Leaf would do with it's iPhone app, I was hoping they'd do this which is why I was so glad to see the Tattler and OVMS come along. Both are great projects but it will be interesting to see what Tesla comes up with. Since they know exactly how the car works and sends messages without having to reverse engineer anything, I wonder what other features they'll be able to offer.

Items for Sale
    i would welcome the opportunity to purchase an extended warranty. (i inquired when i bought my 2010 roadster used with <1000 miles on the odometer but tesla would not sell me an extended warranty.)

Blog Entries
    Yeah, unless it was ridiculously expensive I would also be interested in extended coverage.

Do you know anything about more about the brake upgrade? That sounds very interesting.

Thread Information