View Poll Results: Would you buy 19 inch turbine wheels?

Voters
199. You may not vote on this poll
  • Want 19 inch turbine wheels

135 67.84%
  • Want the exisitng 19 inch wheels

20 10.05%
  • Want the 21 inch turbine wheels

22 11.06%
  • Still waiting to see the 19 inch aero wheels

22 11.06%
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: Would you buy 19 inch turbine wheels?

Lorinser makes a 19" turbine wheel. Not sure if the offset and bolt pattern and widths are right though.
    Sportservice Lorinser | Light-alloy wheels

My understanding is that the Lorinser wheels are specfic to Mercedes and will not fit the Telsa. I am investigating whether Rial Lugano wheels will fit.

I have also been working with Elie an Al & Ed's West Hollywood to come up with a 19" turbine wheel option. If you are not familiar with Al & Ed's, they were the first to fit 22" wheels to the Model S. http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/showt...World-s-First* I have heard nothing but good things about their work. In any event, here is the 19" wheel Elie is proposing:

Name:  SilverWheel.jpg
Views: 5450
Size:  144.3 KB

I believe the cost woud be about $3000 with Goodyear tires mounted. Elie would also offer a trade in credit for 21" wheels/tires. I would likely get these as a second set for winter use.

What do you think?

Wow, very nice. I would definitely consider those.
    Model X P6028 / Model S P4996 - 85kWh, Sequoia Green, Pano Roof, 19" Wheels, Tan Leather, Obeche Gloss, Tech, Sound, Air Susp, Jump Seats, Shelf, Xpel Wrap, Twin Chargers and HPWC - Delivered and loving it!

Sponsor (& Model S Owner) pete8314's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JakeP View Post
    Wow, very nice. I would definitely consider those.
    Me too, very nice. I'd definitely want something that looked 'factory' (the 22's looked too tricked out for my liking). Would the 19" tires from the factory wheels fit these?
    Delivered Feb 8 2013 - VIN 4287 - 85Kwh/Dolphin Grey/Pano/Tech/Sound/Air/shelf/HPWC/Passport 9500ci/19" TSportline wheels
    Accessorize your Model S with Abstract Ocean! | Silicone FobPockets | Leather FobPockets | Neoprene FobPockets | Screen Protectors | Other Cool Stuff |

Quote Originally Posted by jcstp View Post

I think these resemble more Tesla's rims
    These are Alzor model 621 rims and are available in 19"
    Specs on the Azor web site are:
    Rim Size 19" X 8"
    Bolt pattern 5 X 112mm
    Offset 45mm
    Centre Bore 66.6\57.1

Do we know Model S specs yet?
    AUS P#26 S85 Anza Brown/Tan Obeche Gloss, 19" wheels, Tech, Air Suspension. Reserved 31 May 2012, Ordered 1 June 2014 and Confirmed 5 June 2014.

Items for Sale
    Quote Originally Posted by meloccom View Post
    Rim Size 19" X 8"
    Bolt pattern 5 X 112mm
    Offset 45mm
    Centre Bore 66.6\57.1

These won't fit the Model S. The car's bolt patters is 5 x 120. See this thread: Wheel Bolt Pattern?

Those look fantastic! I'd be highly interested in them when the time comes around.

Quote Originally Posted by NJS1207 View Post
    I have heard nothing but good things about their work. In any event, here is the 19" wheel Elie is proposing:

I believe the cost woud be about $3000 with Goodyear tires mounted. Elie would also offer a trade in credit for 21" wheels/tires. I would likely get these as a second set for winter use.

What do you think?
    2013 Tesla Model S P85: 12.417 @ 111.570 MPH

Performance 85kWh, custom 19" Forgestar c5fv wheels, white/black/CF, pano,sound,tech,twin chargers!

Yes, absolutely. I'll need a set for winter, in Grey to match the 21" performance summer wheels or satin Black. Please no chrome or polished lips, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by NJS1207 View Post
    My understanding is that the Lorinser wheels are specfic to Mercedes and will not fit the Telsa. I am investigating whether Rial Lugano wheels will fit.

I have also been working with Elie an Al & Ed's West Hollywood to come up with a 19" turbine wheel option. If you are not familiar with Al & Ed's, they were the first to fit 22" wheels to the Model S. http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/showt...World-s-First* I have heard nothing but good things about their work. In any event, here is the 19" wheel Elie is proposing:

What do you think?
    PLEASE NOTE: Posts are the copyrighted intellectual property of the author, and are intended as part of a conversation within this forum. My words may NOT be quoted outside this forum, without my expressed consent.
    ----
    He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.

Items for Sale
    Quote Originally Posted by meloccom View Post
    Rim Size 19" X 8"
    Bolt pattern 5 X 112mm
    Offset 45mm
    Centre Bore 66.6\57.1

These will not fit. Wrong bolt pattern. The Tesla is 5 X 120 with a 66mm center bore. The center bore appears to be a bit large, so it may require a centering ring. Problem with all of the turbine-like 19" wheels people have found so far is that the bolt pattern and/or center bore is/are wrong for the Tesla.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mnx View Post
    Those look fantastic! I'd be highly interested in them when the time comes around.
    In the photo these look black and silver. Or maybe that's just the photo or drawing. I'd be interested but only if they were all silver.

artsci, is Tirerack.com reporting the center bore as 66mm or 64mm? I thought I read in another post that it was 64mm.

From what I have read elsewhere, almost all aftermarket wheels are constructed with a larger center bore so that they can fit a wider variety of vehicles. In fact, of the 32 19" wheels listed on Tirerack.com for the Model S, every one of them is advertised as shipping with centering rings for proper fitment. Outside of Tesla's OEM wheels, my guess is that we are not going to find any with the precise center bore measurement we need.

Thread Information