Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Would you buy 19 inch turbine wheels?

Would you buy 19 inch turbine wheels?

• Want 19 inch turbine wheels

Votes: 136 67.7%
  • Want the exisitng 19 inch wheels

Votes: 20 10.0%
  • Want the 21 inch turbine wheels

Votes: 22 10.9%
  • Still waiting to see the 19 inch aero wheels

Votes: 23 11.4%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
:confused: Umm, let's not get too excited folks. If this was gonna be an option it would have shown up by now and it's a little late in the day to think Tesla will produce something overnight.

Except - you don't make wheels, you source them. It seems like Tesla has gone with Mercedes compatible wheels - bolt patterns, offsets. Can anyone confirm that? If so - new wheels could be sourced in a matter of weeks.

Not sure but it makes sense. The 19 inch wheel and tire combo will weight less than the 21 inch combo and will ultimately increase your range. Assuming they are direct fit, the drawback with going with the 19 inch wheels will be the $4K overall price minus tires as opposed to the $3.5K 21 inch Tesla option.

I noticed online that they had 20" wheels. Is there a tire combination that would split the difference between the 21" and the 19 inch and still give the look and sidewall stiffness that the 21" wheels provide, and still give some better poor road protection?

I was thinking about trying to get a group together and see if we can get a volume discount on the Lorinser 19" fans. Anyone interested?

I noticed online that they had 20" wheels. Is there a tire combination that would split the difference between the 21" and the 19 inch and still give the look and sidewall stiffness that the 21" wheels provide, and still give some better poor road protection?

245/40-20 would do a pretty good job. There are numerous tire plus-sizing calculators around that help a lot to ensure your speedo reads close to the same when getting aftermarket wheels and tires. Here's one: Tire size calculator

Except - you don't make wheels, you source them. It seems like Tesla has gone with Mercedes compatible wheels - bolt patterns, offsets. Can anyone confirm that? If so - new wheels could be sourced in a matter of weeks.

You're assuming that someone makes them in 19". I was suggesting that if this was possible then Tesla would have likely offered it already.