Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Design Studio at Menlo Park

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Screen isn't operational yet, but you can see and touch the interior materials for the Signature series:
Model-S-Design-Studio1.jpg

Model-S-Design-Studio-Sig.jpg

Model-S-Design-Studio-SigPerf.jpg

The interior carbon fiber option is is not a high gloss (which it is in the Roadster). It's more of an eggshell gloss (closer to matte), which I like.

BTW, I know someone here earlier found sprites up on TeslaMotors.com, but if you've got a web-spider you might find photos like this, that appear to be collateral for the Design Studio:

signature-performance-silver-21-performance-wheels.jpg

Which shows where some of the Performance carbon fiber accents might be going.

BTW, I know someone here earlier found sprites up on TeslaMotors.com, but if you've got a web-spider you might find photos like this, that appear to be collateral for the Design Studio:

View attachment 4713

Which shows where some of the Performance carbon fiber accents might be going.

Where? I did fool with it and got the performance wheels to load on an S, but I'm not seeing accent points?

Oh, on the OP, definitely want that black and red sig performance interior. Torn between lacewood and CF. That silver looks more blue/gray in the pic.

*edit* saw the CF on zoom in. Nice, not sure if it's ideal though. My front splitter/spoiler on my R8 gets a lot of rock chips.

Where? I did fool with it and got the performance wheels to load on an S, but I'm not seeing accent points?

The bottom lip of the front bumper. The panel behind the 'grill' Tesla logo.

EDIT: I really like the matte looking carbon fiber too. Having been in the bicycle racing scene for so long I love the most disgusting vanity applications of carbon fiber. It is just so gorgeous.

I also love useful applications of carbon fiber, but that always seems to be harder to pull off.

Confession: My sub 15 lbs road bike has only has 2 carbon fiber parts. The front fork (with stem), and the rear derailleur cage.

Whoever takes pictures, please find an 18% gray card and include it in the photo so the rest of us who can't make it can get a true color view in Photoshop! That Tesla sign actually is probably not far off.....

Thanks....

I don't have an 18% gray card, but I can take carbon fiber photos using RAW mode (instead of JPEG) on my DSLR, if that helps?

I'm taking part of the day off to be there when they open on Friday.

This was shot at Santana Row this everning in raw with a Nikon D300, color-corrected in Photoshop without a gray card (tungsten lighting, though), and converted to sRGB (embedded in the JPEGs). The previous ones were shot in Menlo, which has lots of windows and a couple different types of light sources, so these should be closer to actual color.

DesignStudio-SantanaRow.jpg

The bottom leather samples come off their pegs so you can place them on top of the car exterior color you're considering, along with the interior trim option. One advantage is that you can take the tray outside to see what it all looks like in the daylight. Here's Sig Red with Performance Carbon Fiber and Black Leather with red piping (Performance):

SigRed-CF-BlackLeather.jpg

Last edited:
This was shot at Santana Row this everning in raw with a Nikon D300, color-corrected in Photoshop without a gray card (tungsten lighting, though), and converted to sRGB (embedded in the JPEGs). The previous ones were shot in Menlo, which has lots of windows and a couple different types of light sources, so these should be closer to actual color.

View attachment 4715

The white leather isn't looking nearly as "white" as I thought it was. Did it look white in person? It looks pretty beige on my macbook.

The white leather isn't looking nearly as "white" as I thought it was. Did it look white in person? It looks pretty beige on my macbook.

It's definitely an off-white, nowhere near as bright as the Model X...

I'm probably not in the majority, but I like it enough that I'm likely to choose it over the tan.

So... sig red, white leather, banana leaf or possibly piano for me. (at least until my better half changes my mind for me, that is :) )

/Mitch.