Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Falcon doors...a small google conspiracy

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wondered why they are called falcon doors...so I went googling and found some interessting information

The Tesla Store in Zurich is right next to the Falcon private Bank. (see attachement)
Tesla-Map.jpg

http://www.falconpb.com

This Bank is owned by Sheikh Mansour bin Zayed Al Nahyan (Abu Dhabi)
http://www.falconpb.com/de/unternehmen/ueber_uns/Seiten/Eigent%C3%BCmer.aspx

Sheikh Mansour bin Zayed Al Nahyan has invested in Tesla.
Sheikh Mansour invests $280m in Virgin Galactic - Telegraph
“….So far this year, Aabar has acquired a 9.1pc stake in Daimler, the German manufacturer of Mercedes-Benz cars, for €1.95bn (£1.2bn) and a stake in Tesla, the Californian-based electric car manufacturer. The deals represent Abu Dhabi's desire to diversify away from oil.
Aabar is controlled by the International Petroleum Investment Company, which is wholly owned by the government of Abu Dhabi and chaired by Sheikh Mansour.

--> Is that the reason they are called falcon doors?

(I hope not the same as EV1 happens to Tesla...if they get to sucessfull for a petrol investor...they seen to have everything under control)

In the video of Elon unveiling the Model X he describes the extra hinge the door has that allows it to open in a very narrow space and says something to the effect that instead of being a "gullwing" door it is a" falcon" wing style door. Nothing more complicated than that.

On the one hand, his personal jet is a "Falcon" model, and pre-dates anything related to Daimler/Abu Dhabi...
On the other hand, I had noticed that falcons are somewhat of a cultural icon in that part of the world as are winged door mods on vehicles...

falcon1.gif

a4e5f_hunt1.jpg

img_3397.jpeg

tumblr_lzx5crqbjQ1r6hkdd.jpg

P1030055.JPG

attachment.php

30939050083_large.jpg

small-car-show-2.jpg

Attachments

• gulldoors.jpg
    gulldoors.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 949
Last edited:
I wonder if we will see a gold plated Model X someday...

AC Schnitzer Presents The Falcon | BMW Tuning Mag

ac_schnitzer_bmw_x5_falcon.jpg

bmw-x6-falcon-1.jpg

BMW Abu Dhabi Falcon body kits
...The BMW dealer in Abu Dhabi is offering AC Schnitzer body kits for the BMW X5 and the BMW X6, calling it The Falcon...

BMW X6 Gets New Wings :AC Schnitzer X6 Falcon
...Something tells us most of these tuned Falcon X's will be terrorizing the streets in Dubai and leaving rubber across the desert- a place all to familiar for a Falcon...

Last edited: