Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tires again.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

neroden

Model S Owner and Frustrated Tesla Fan
Apr 25, 2011
Ithaca, NY, USA
Soooo.... I'm obviously getting the 19" wheels. But it looks like Tesla has picked some pretty bad tires for them:

Goodyear Tires - Eagle RSA

:cursing: Anyway, I need an all-weather tire which actually works in slush and rain and light snow and light mud. Wet traction is key. I don't know much about tire purchasing (though I've been learning fast). What do people think sounds good? At least the 19" wheels offer lots of options for tires.

Edit: on second look, the Eagle RSA2 is different from the Eagle RSA.

And practically brand new, so new that there are hardly any reviews. And the ones there are are mixed. Still not reassuring at all.

Last edited:
Just looked at the reviews for the Continental ExtremeContact DW tires that come standard with the 21" wheels. They seem capable but many of the reviews comment on their sidewall stiffness or lack thereof, even for the 35 series tires! These are all season tires. I presume that since every 21" wheel indicates "High Performance Tires", that they are all one in the same for performance models and non-performance models. They run around $300 per tire.

Just looked at the reviews for the Continental ExtremeContact DW tires that come standard with the 21" wheels. They seem capable but many of the reviews comment on their sidewall stiffness or lack thereof, even for the 35 series tires! These are all season tires. I presume that since every 21" wheel indicates "High Performance Tires", that they are all one in the same for performance models and non-performance models. They run around $300 per tire.

I don't think that is right. The Continental ExtremeContact DWS is the all season - the Continental ExtremeContact DW is a summer tire. (DW is supposedly Dry/Wet while DWS is Dry/Wet/Snow)