Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

thread wiki

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
S

smoothoperator

I think it would be nice to have a thread wiki for really long threads....A lot of times when trying to find relevant information within a thread one must go through 10's of pages. Having a wiki within the first few posts of a really long thread with the synopsis, would be a lot more convenient and provide information a lot quicker to people looking for information, that may or not be contained within a specific thread....Thoughts?

Sweet!

For a full blown wiki (which I don't think you want) there's VaultWiki - Wiki for vBulletin Forums

I did a quick search on vb.org to find this one I'd seen before that indexes helpful posts at the top of the thread like fatwallet. Here's something sort of similar, but it hosts a page with all the top posts. I'll keep looking for the one I saw before

[AJAX] Helpful Answers - Allow users to rate individual posts - vBulletin.org Forum

Here's what I mean about fat wallet. The second post gets reserved as a sort of quick wiki for relevant info in threads that get really long:

ae319335-2cff-328b.jpg

Yeah, the Fatwallet layout is specifically what I had in mind when I thinking about this some months ago. MPT hosts the site, so it's up to him to install vb mods/plug-ins. If you can help us locate the best one, that would be much appreciated.