Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pike Energy & Environment Consumer Survey

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Robert.Boston

Model S VIN P01536
Pike Research does interesting surveys in the clean-tech space. They just published their annual consumer survey of attitudes towards various clean energy techs, including our collective favorite, EVs. You can get the full report at no charge.

This table summarizes a lot of the report neatly:
Pike Consumer Survey Table 1.1.PNG

P.S.: EVs unfavorable ratings went up sharply, from 10% last survey to 16% this survey. Thanks, Volt fire publicity!

Last edited:
You would think that with the threat of even higher gas prices, the opposite would be true. I think you can point to some of the politically motivated rhetoric out there which has culminated in the bills introduced to end all alternative energy subsidies.

The only percent figures that went up were LEED certificates. Sheesh, nothing learned from these certificates that lead to financial meltdown? :biggrin:
My general impression is that of a NIMBY attitude. U.S. are said to be notorious optimistic but this looks like fear of economic downturn leads to fear of being forced to pay for introduction of costly new technology, like in

"I am not going to pay for that bleeding smart meter! Not a penny! My old one's doing fine."

U.S. are said to be notorious optimistic ...
My experience over the last few years is that people are very pessimistic in the US. When you travel to developing countries like India, you really see the stark contrast. General social / political strife, 9/11, long lasting wars all contributed to this. Last decade was a "lost decade" for the US. This decade is shaping to be the same ...