Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S leasing in Europe

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I found this little bit of information today on Autoblog Green

Tesla Motors and Athlon Car Lease have reached an agreement for the world's first leasing program involving Tesla's Model S battery-electric luxury sedans.

Athlon, a division of the Netherlands-based Rabobank, has reserved 150 Model S EVs and plans to lease them to corporations in Belgium, France, Germany, Italy, the Netherlands and Spain. Athlon had a similar agreement for the Tesla Roadster convertible EVs last summer.

The Model S, which is set to debut in July, will offer buyers three single-charge mileage options ranging from 160 to 300 miles. In the U.S., the Model S will start at $57,400 before a $7,500 federal tax credit kicks in. The price jumps about $20,000 for the 300-mile version, which Tesla calls the world's longest among production battery-electric vehicles. Tesla's taken more than 8,000 reservations for the sedan.

Last month, Tesla, which has never been profitable, said its fourth-quarter loss widened 59 percent from a year earlier, but forecast 2012 sales to be between $550 million and $600 million, which would beat analysts estimates and would be almost triple the company's 2011 revenue of $204.2 million. The company also forecast that it would sell about 5,000 Model S vehicles this year. Tesla has sold more than 2,100 of its $109,000 Roadster convertibles in the past four years. The company discontinued production of that model in the U.S. last year.

News Source: Tesla Motors

Athlon Car Lease trekt CEOs over de streep om in elektrische Tesla Model S te gaan rijden

One stop shop
Aksular reported at the meeting in his presentation that the cooperation with Tesla on several levels. Through the Multiple Cycle Lease program, the two companies together to end users more flexibility by offering shorter maturities. The new initiative called the CEO of Pool hit. The CEO Pool maintains a kind of auto parts in but for the higher segment with the Tesla Model S. So the car is ready at the Electric Transportation Center in Rotterdam and from there can have 3 CEOs about 1 Tesla Model S feature. In total there are 10 cars reserved for the CEO Pool. For this, 10 of the first Tesla's Model S allocated.

Pool The CEO is also the kickoff of a unique network of CEOs. For the first time there is now a CEO network established around an electric car: the Tesla Model S. The intention is that these CEOs also separate activities are organized.

The EV proposition is part of the Sustainable Mobility of Athlon Car Lease in which the leasing company showing the steps to make auto service provider to a provider of mobility services.

Google Translate

In short, the Model S has a lot of succes with dutch CEO's
They announced a kind of car-sharing programme for Ceo's with Model S

i just wanted to ask, if i am the only one who want's to lease here in switzerland / europe a model s.
i own a roadster (no leasing) and i have a signature reservation for a model s. because i don't really know, where tesla motors stands in 3 or 4 years, i would like to lease the model s, so in the worst case i can return the car after the leasing (which i really don't hope to do).
i was talking with tesla switzerland: they have at the moment no plan, no pricing for used cars in the future and no leasing partner. also tesla euorpe is not able to give me any informations. in the next 30 days i should configure the car, but tesla can't really help me with any information. they say, just configure the car and till delivery there will be some kind of leasing - probably. but i really would like to know the costs BEFORE i order anything.
the model s will be a company car. i can't imagine, that i am the only one with this problem.

is there anyone, who has leasing informations in europe / switzerland?

thanks in advance!

raumgleiter

i just wanted to ask, if i am the only one who want's to lease here in switzerland / europe a model s.
i own a roadster (no leasing) and i have a signature reservation for a model s. because i don't really know, where tesla motors stands in 3 or 4 years, i would like to lease the model s, so in the worst case i can return the car after the leasing (which i really don't hope to do).
i was talking with tesla switzerland: they have at the moment no plan, no pricing for used cars in the future and no leasing partner. also tesla euorpe is not able to give me any informations. in the next 30 days i should configure the car, but tesla can't really help me with any information. they say, just configure the car and till delivery there will be some kind of leasing - probably. but i really would like to know the costs BEFORE i order anything.
the model s will be a company car. i can't imagine, that i am the only one with this problem.

thanks in advance!

raumgleiter

I've seen several mentions of Athlon Car lease in Belgium to have leasing in EU. I think they are based in Belgium, but according to their homepage they also have presence in Germany, France, Luxembourg, Italy (not Switzerland). You should call them...

http://www.athloncarlease.com/

thanks in advance!

raumgleiter

Hi, no your not the only one. My plan is to lease the Model S and change it to the Model X as soon as it is available. If this is not possible, i will just wait for the Model X. My biggest concern is the resale value (of Model S), thus the idea of leasing. From TM i've had similar feedback, they are working on it, but nothing more concrete. Since i'm waiting for P Nr. 2 the issue is not as urgent as it is for you. But maybe everything will be clearer after saturday's test drive, hopefully.

Cheers from Basel

I do not think leasing a Model S (or X) will get you a better deal than buying one. If you are afraid Tesla will not be around in four years time, or are afraid that the resale value will be low, then the lease company will probably have the same concerns. That means the leasing costs will be high (they are not stupid). They will take over the perceived risks from you and you will pay for that!

That means you are probably looking at € 2000 per month for leasing a top of the line model. I've already seen several quotes from different leasing companies for this amount. Leasing for 4 years will then cost you € 96.000. Even if you take into account that this includes maintenance (free for Tesla-owners in Switzerland??), insurance and road tax, you will be paying the same amount as you would be paying if you buy the car. Only difference: after 4 years of leasing you have nothing and after 4 years of ownershop you have a car. It may not be worth as much as you would hope, but surely more than the € 0 you have when you were leasing.

Only if you want to swap a Model S for a Model X after two years, leasing makes some sense to me from a risk-aversion standpoint. Otherwise not.

Hi, no your not the only one. My plan is to lease the Model S and change it to the Model X as soon as it is available. If this is not possible, i will just wait for the Model X. My biggest concern is the resale value (of Model S), thus the idea of leasing. From TM i've had similar feedback, they are working on it, but nothing more concrete. Since i'm waiting for P Nr. 2 the issue is not as urgent as it is for you. But maybe everything will be clearer after saturday's test drive, hopefully.

Cheers from Basel

This might help on your resale value:
As you are P2, and Roadster owner you will most likely get an extra 8K discount on the S (check your model S reservation!)

This might help on your resale value:
As you are P2, and Roadster owner you will most likely get an extra 8K discount on the S (check your model S reservation!)

must say I am a little confused..........?! I looked at my reservation and cannot see any discount of ~8K?! I am europe R 269 and yes roadster owner.................... please explain. is this something only in holland? or just the first x-reservations..............?