Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Auto Save

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

vfx

Aug 18, 2006
CA CA
Anyone know how to recover one? I see the yellow box come bottom right on when typing but have no idea how to retrieve one if needed.

How deep is the save? Small crash? Big one?

Auto-Saved

Hmm, I've had it recover if I moved away from the page by mistake. Not sure if it saves to the browser's cookies or to the database though. I tend to write larger posts elsewhere then copy back in since I don't fully trust it.

Over a year later (my posting frequency does not approach either of yours) and I have the same question. Answers?

- - - Updated - - -

Found the answer here: http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/archive/index.php/t-10225.html
"Try going back to the thread, which from your link I can figure was here: http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/showthread.php/10217-quot-Tesla-May-Need-To-Slow-Down-Electric-Vehicle-Production-quot . Click "Reply to Thread". In the bottom left corner of the editor box, you may see a button that says "Restore Auto-saved content". Click that. Hopefully there's still some of your post there."

No. Doesn't work. I was creating a new thread, and watched it flash "auto-saved" over and over and over. Then it told me to log in again, and everything is gone.

What good is "auto saved" if there is no way to recover it?

I thought I was doing a favor composing the details of my DIY fix. I sure learned my lesson about trying to contribute... :-(

No. Doesn't work. I was creating a new thread, and watched it flash "auto-saved" over and over and over. Then it told me to log in again, and everything is gone.

I thought I was doing a favor composing the details of my DIY fix. I sure learned my lesson about trying to contribute... :-(

Sorry you lost your post but please consider reposting. Like anything on a computer if it's important and took a lot of time to create always best to have a backup copy. Maybe composing it in Word, e-mailing yourself a copy now and then...etc might be alternatives to the auto-save feature here in case it doesn't work.

I had a browser lockup recently during composing a post...I also thought it was gone, never to be recovered.

But when I clicked "reply" on the same post I was composing before, at the bottom left of the reply box was a small button that reads "Restore Auto-Saved Content" (see image below). I clicked it, and it indeed recovered the text. So auto-save does work, it's just not obvious that one has to reply again with a "new" reply to trigger it

AutoSave.png