Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Roadster service bulletin (TSB) archive

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks TEG

I've been talking about opening a Roadster TSB page for years. Now that the Roadsters out mostly out of production we can more talk about the "fixes" and additions that Tesla has been doing on our cars.

As an owner you can find if all the upgrades here have been done to you car.

Also there are the freebies Tesla has been good about. One example early on was floor mats. For those who did not opt for the extra $150 we found the stock carpets were pretty cheap. (mine wore though in 4K miles). Soon after my new carpet was installed every car got floormats for free. Tesla probably found that covered carpet replacements were more expensive.

Lastly Teslas closed loop manufacturer/store arrangements makes it hard to order parts (It took a miracle to buy the first Tesla cable car plug) and doubtful we will ever get a Roadster Chilton Manual.

Please post here any free or warranty upgrades you have had done to your car so other may benefit before warranties expire!

A comment on the TCS complaint. Talk about overblown. I've had this happen occasionally, and it most definitely doesn't increase the vehicle speed; there is no "sudden acceleration" or "double speed". The rate of braking does go down unexpectedly, which to a driver feels like it lurches forward, when in fact it is still decelerating. I've only had this happen on dry roads, braking hard, BIG bump.

A comment on the TCS complaint. Talk about overblown. I've had this happen occasionally, and it most definitely doesn't increase the vehicle speed; there is no "sudden acceleration" or "double speed". The rate of braking does go down unexpectedly, which to a driver feels like it lurches forward, when in fact it is still decelerating. I've only had this happen on dry roads, braking hard, BIG bump.
Yeah, the issue is jerk, the time derivative of acceleration.
Discussion on that specific issue goes in this thread: NHTSA Complaint wrt Regen and TC

Was in for my 48K service and casually mention that my radio is cr*p. It's an all new team in LA so after 3 years it was worth going down a well traveled road

Apparently there was a TSB that was "customer request only" for an antenna fix.

Now instead of driving around my local 5 or 6 towns with NO reception, nada, zip, nothing. I now have 90 percent reception though 50% of that has static. It's something.

I don't see it on the TSB page so I wonder what else may be fixable that I'm just living with.

Thanks vfx, my roadster's going in before Thanksgiving and Tesla will be installing an antenna booster for the radio. They want the car for 2 days since the dash needs to come out to perform the install. I can't even listen to my favorite radio station in Santa Cruz called KPIG, its usually the strongest station and it comes in fuzzy and distorted in the Roadster.

Was in for my 48K service and casually mention that my radio is cr*p. It's an all new team in LA so after 3 years it was worth going down a well traveled road

Apparently there was a TSB that was "customer request only" for an antenna fix.

Now instead of driving around my local 5 or 6 towns with NO reception, nada, zip, nothing. I now have 90 percent reception though 50% of that has static. It's something.

I don't see it on the TSB page so I wonder what else may be fixable that I'm just living with.