Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla UK Goodwood Breakfast Club Owners Gathering !

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

kberridge

Feb 28, 2012
Join Tesla and a gathering of Tesla Roadster owners at Goodwood’s Breakfast Club this coming Sunday March 4th.

On Sunday March 4th 2012 Tesla Roadster owner Kevin Sharpe, Founder of Zero Carbon World, will depart on an epic 1500 mile road-trip to the Geneva Motor Show in his Electric Blue Roadster. Departing from his home in Bath on Sunday morning, his first stop en route to the Channel Tunnel will be at the Goodwood Breakfast Club where Tesla will host a reception of UK Roadster owners to send off Kevin on his journey.

The UK Tesla community continues to grow every day. We look forward to introducing new members to old, and sharing one another’s EV-experiences over a casual Sunday breakfast at the historic Goodwood Motor Circuit. Friends, partners and colleagues all welcome.

Circuit gates open at 8:30am for early bird arrivals, and the morning comes to a close at noon. After motoring across the South Downs – and taking in some of the country’s finest driving roads – arriving guests will be directed by the circuit marshals to the Tesla area, before heading trackside to pour over the assembled jaw-dropping collection of some of the world’s most desirable and cherished vehicles.

Sunday 4th March 2012
8.30am - 12pm

Goodwood Motor Circuit
Claypit Lane
Westhampnett
West Sussex
PO18 0PH

RSVP
Gian Avignone
[email protected]
01628 450 606

:cool:

So wait, that's a grand total of 2 + Kevin who we're there to see off?

I'm pretty good at milling about to give the impression of a large crowd of well wishers, but that's going to be a challenge! :biggrin:

ps looks like its going to be pouring too *shakes fist at sky*

ps looks like its going to be pouring too *shakes fist at sky*
grandpa-simpson-shakes-fist-at-cloud1.jpg

I'd come. But by the time I got to Goodwood I'd be half way to Geneva (from Edinburgh) and I wouldn't be able to stop myself going the whole way.

And sadly I can't! Too much work.

So I'll wish Kevin safe travel from afar.

So we have Kevin and Fraccy coming to this. I am going to try to get down too.

Anyone else?

We could make this into a TMC UK mini-meet and send Kevin on his way.

I'd willingly attend, however this weekend I am heading down to Devon as my Roadster is going to be on display at a Renewable energy exhibition mid week parked under a solar canopy. And Devon is unfortunately the other side of the country from Goodwood.

Renewable Energy Marketplace 2012

There's a forthcoming charity event, "caring with cars", on Sunday May 20th near Bristol. I've been asked to make an appearance but will be in amongst a hostile crowd from pistonheads as lead by high priest Clarkson. So if any other UK owners want to lend some moral support in the form of a Tesla Cluster please get in touch, safety in numbers and all that :biggrin:

http://www.caringwithcars.com/

Meanwhile I wish Kevin all the best on his Geneva trip and look forward to hearing how it all goes.

With the HPC network you can easily take in Goodwood on your way to Devon. Promise.

Well, yes, but … I have a kinda important 'date' to attend to this weekend, right smack in the middle of Dartmoor. Biz meeting Monday, then Tuesday polishing and waxing (the car !) for the exhibition, then back home Friday (nr Silverstone). I guesstimate the car has a 600+ mile test coming up.

Bristol is about 10 miles from Kevin so he may be able to help you out (although he will maybe just back from Geneva).

hah ! By the end of May I suspect Tesla UK would have sent a search party out looking for him in the Alps or something !!!

Last edited:
Sorry - saw March, not May.

Oh well, shame you can't make it. Are you planning on a charge at the Castle Taunton HPC?

Yes possibly. Not used an HPC so far, so it could be interesting to add 75-100miles charge whilst having a bite to eat at the Castle. Will take pics if so !

I'll probably call them beforehand to ensure its actually all up and running and not been wrenched off the wall and flogged on ebay ...

I just got back from Goodwood after battling through torrential rain on the way down and snow on the way back! Yesterday was a stunning spring day, oh how the weather gods love to torment us Brits.

Anyway - hello to the members that I met in person for the first time and some of the guys who pop in here for a look now and again.

We had 6 cars in total - Kevin's and 5 well wishers. It was nice to get a bunch of Roadsters in front of the public and be able to answer their questions. There was also a LEAF at the event but he didn't come over and drove off before I got my camera out. Oh well.

6952055847_425de203a5_z.jpg

5 Roadsters and a couple of TMC members

6952060003_7372f8d540_z.jpg

Later on another car arrived

We all had a good chat and a cup of coffee, and before we knew it it was midday and we had to vacate the circuit.

6952058925_c65837488b_z.jpg

6952059477_d44e453c99_z.jpg

6805946394_5b6995b8a3_z.jpg

The others departed and Kevin set off on his 1400 mile trip to Geneva. More on that to come...

Thanks to those who got up early on a Sunday in horrid weather to come down to Lord March's place, it's not the most convenient of locations. Great meeting you all. Let's organise another one on a sunny day soon.

You can follow Kevin's trip to Geneva via Twitter on #TeslatoGeneva

P.S. I bet I spent more getting there than the other 6 put together: £25 in petrol for the 90 mile round trip... crazy.

Was a most enjoyable morning, really good to meet some other Teslarites at last (is this the correct term?). I think I learned more about the state of EVs in an hour than I have in the last few months combined. Did not stop raining once *shakes fist at sky again*, and even treated to a dose of snow before we got home. :cool:

btw David we did go to the little chef point, all good, though was pointless we got back with a lot left over but at least it was warm :rolleyes: