Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Rebuilding a Salvage Roadster

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I know this has been covered a little bit up to this point, but has anyone ever attempted to buy two salvage Roadsters and combine them to make one roadworthy? The reason I'm asking is because #807 is up for auction again (Copart), and was interested in rebuilding without ordering parts directly from Tesla (expensive and time consuming).

I saw your post about rebuilding #807. I think copart is not on the up and up. About two or three months ago, 807 was up on copart. I saw it after it ended, so I couldn't see what it got up to price-wise. It had a reserve, but again the site didn't tell me if it was met or not. I thought the same as you; a good deal for someone (like me at the time.) So about a month ago, here comes the same car, with 10 different pics, and none of the underside (the previous auction showed all different pics and a lot of the damaged underside area.) This time it was a "pure sale" as they call it, meaning it is going to the highest bidder no matter what. So I registered. I planned to pay up to $41k, so I had to join, and let them hold $4100 from my account. I was all set. I went live online for the actual auction. I stopped at $41k, and the car got to $46k and change. I didn't think it would get that high, but it did. Now, I see it is listed yet again with copart (3rd time!) I don't know how that can be, when the second time was supposedly a "pure sale." It's just fishy. I'm wondering if they are using this car (and other highly desirable, higher price cars) as a lure to get people to join up for memberships, and be able to hold large sums of your money. I dropped my membership within the 14 day trial period, so I didn't lose the $150 or whatever it was, for a year's "membership."

Last edited: