Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ampèrage of Tesla Battery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Arthur B

Feb 22, 2012
Hello,

I'm Arthur from the Netherlands. For school I have to make an Final Assignment, without that I can't pass for my exams. The subject is electric vehicles, with the Tesla Roadster as main example. That's because Tesla is the best EV producer in the world at the moment in my opinion.
I also have to do a practical test, but there aren't many things I could do with this subject. So I have decided to test the ampèrages before and after charging the car. I went to the local Tesla garage, but they don't want to help me. :(
I have to finish it next week, so I don't have much time left.

My question for Tesla owners is, if they are willing to check the ampèrage before and after charging (with a multi-meter for example). It would be more fantastic if you could measure the total amount of kilowatt hours during the charging!

You would help me a lot! Thanks very much!

Greetings,

Arthur

I don't think you'll find somebody here who is going to plug a multi-meter on the battery of his Roadster. That is dangerous, it could easily kill you.

Why do you want to know the amperage? By measuring the voltage you know the state of charge of the battery.

FYI: A Roadster delivers 700A at max and a Roadster sport 900A.