Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My Gallery of the Model S Beta (from Dania Beach, FL)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A photo gallery of the Beta Model S...

Tesla Model S - Keith Trauner (KT)s Photos

IMG3968-S.jpg

Could it be Tesla used mirrors from the parts bin of another car (MBZ? Like the stalk on the dash?) on this car, and it's a carry over from that car?

We've seen that one before - right after the October event - on all the betas. But, no confirmation of it from Tesla; if anything, various store reps have said that it's not happening. It'd be great if it'd be standard (when the set of standard specs is announced)!!

Great pics. Thanks!

IMG4451-M.jpg

On the driver's display, I find the Watt-hours over miles chart a little awkward. I'm guessing this has already been discussed elsewhere, but putting the ratio that way means lower is "better," which feels odd. I understand miles per kWh may seem "unimpressive" since the numbers would be 2, 3, 4, and fractional amounts in between. But it's a more natural way of expressing the efficiency, I think.

Overall, I like the clean graphic design. Minimalist and visually attractive.

IMG4451-M.jpg

Mostly nice. But the speedometer doesn't pop out visually as much as I'd like. Remember, this is the main thing you need to read while driving!

Perhaps it looks different when moving? A big number for current speed or something?

I'm also going to want to be able to read both miles and kilometers for trips into Canada, and that doesn't seem available. Perhaps it's mile/kilometer configurable?

IMG4451-M.jpg

Mostly nice. But the speedometer doesn't pop out visually as much as I'd like. Remember, this is the main thing you need to read while driving!

Perhaps it looks different when moving? A big number for current speed or something?

I'm also going to want to be able to read both miles and kilometers for trips into Canada, and that doesn't seem available. Perhaps it's mile/kilometer configurable?

It's EVERYTHING configurable. That's the beauty of a visual interface rather than hardware. It can all be changed, configured, adjusted. Perhaps right from your iPhone. And like the iPhone, if there's something you don't like on day 1, give them a few weeks. It can all change very easily.