Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

See Model S Beta Prototype in Boston

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just received in my inbox. I will finally get to see a Model S in person for the first time! Looking forward to the event. I will bring my checkbook.

See the Model S Beta on display February 25 - March 2.
The Beta version is a 90% production intent prototype of Model S. Guests will be able to sit in the vehicle while viewing a brief demonstration of the 17" touchscreen.

Larz Anderson Auto Museum
15 Newton Street
Brookline, MA 02445
Display Hours:
10AM - 4PM

This is actually quite significant because it sounds like the Betas are now visiting cities that do not have stores BUT are slated for stores in 2012.

Next Stop :: ATLANTA!

That's true. I think Atlanta could be a huge market for Tesla Motors. A thread here on this forum shows a good number of Model S' that will find their home in Atlanta. Here a link to the map: Model S Reservations Map

Last edited:
I went to this this morning. It was good. I uploaded my pictures from the event, here:

Tesla Model S Beta in Boston - a set on Flickr

We were allowed to sit in the car, and we got a speech about the car. I videoed the speech, here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYcqVkoG1Ao

I also noticed what I believe are roof rack mounts on the top of the car. I was under the impression that we didn't know how (or if) a roof rack would be mounted yet, so this might be new information to us. Anyway, I took a video, here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1A_kaJ_P8aQ

The charge port door didn't seem too flimsy to me. I don't really think catching a jacket on it will be a problem.

I was also allowed to fold in the side mirrors. They're manual, not electric.

Last edited by a moderator:
I also noticed what I believe are roof rack mounts on the top of the car. I was under the impression that we didn't know how (or if) a roof rack would be mounted yet, so this might be new information to us. Anyway, I took a video, here:

Those don't look like any roof rack mounts I've ever seen.

The 1905 Electromobile and the 1906 Bailey Electric Phaeton Victoria are bricked for sure! :wink:

The amazing thing is that this huge building was built as the Anderson's carriage house. This picture gives you a sense of scale (note the tiny people standing about near the building, on the lawn):
visit.jpg