Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Roadster "found" in shipping container on TV show "Storage Hunters"

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A coworker said last nights episode of TruTV's reality TV show Storage Hunters had someone finding a Tesla Roadster in a shipping container. I'm pretty skeptical when it comes to these shows (Storage Wars, Auction Hunters, etc), and think that sometimes the finds are planted there, but I've set the DVR for this episode which is re-airing on Sunday morning. Depending on which time zone and whether it is the HD channel, it looks like it's going to be on at 9:30am or 12:30pm.

I don't have a garage and keep my Roadster in a storage facility around the block when it snows. People have no idea what's going on when I drive out of the unit. We never leave it in there for more than a few days at a time but I could see how a Roadster could end up in a storage unit.

Episode "Judgement Day" and depending on your cable provider you can see it here http://www.trutv.com

It's in the final segment of the program, it's supposedly some sort of insurance write-off and they drive off in the car...??

storage.jpg

The winners of the auction drove off in the car.

If you subscribe to one of the major cable companies, you probably can watch the episode on your computer at TruTV.com -- you will be asked to supply your cable company, your sign-in name and password. The reveal of the Tesla comes at about 18:50 in the episode. Start a bit earlier if you want to see the bidding and the very last container, which was very interesting.

I got to it by Googling "judgment day storage" then clicked on "episodes" then "Judgment Day."

...a white unreadable sticker in opposite lower corner of the windshield...

White Sticker:
THIS VEHICLE CONFORMS TO ALL APPLICABLE FEDERAL MOTOR VEHICLE SAFETY AND BUMPER STANDARDS IN EFFECT ON THE DATE OF MANUFACTURE EXCEPT FOR...(list of exemptions including advanced airbag)...

Federal Register, Volume 76 Issue 188 (Wednesday, September 28, 2011)
...prospective purchasers will be notified that the vehicle is exempted from the specified advanced air bag requirements of FMVSS No. 208. Under Sec. 555.9(b), a manufacturer of an exempted passenger car must affix securely to the windshield or side window of each exempted vehicle a label containing a statement that the vehicle conforms to all applicable FMVSSs in effect on the date of manufacture...

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: LeoNordic