Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Thoughts on Accessability Etc etc.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've been giving some thought to some things regarding accessability (etc) on both the ModelS and ModelX.

The other day I grabbed my backpack from inside the house, leaped outside, opened the back-door of my car, tossed the bag in, and closed the door. Another day, I was looking for something in my SUV, quickly opened the back door and rummaged around inside.

With the retracting handles, and falcon doors etc, this appears to slow the whole process down. I have to (unless I get the proximity key) push the handle, wait for it to retract and then get in or open the door. Same with the Falcon doors - cool as the are.

Another curious thought is the centre stack. I have polarized Oakley sunglasses and if I rotate my IPad, I can't read the screen. (it's either lanscaped or portrait, just can't remember). I wonder if you can see the screen with polarized glasses on... might be worth trying.

Last, I like the centre stack and the full sunroof, but I wonder if it's possible that the sun could at about 3-4 o'clock, setting, and if you could get a wicked sun glare right in your eyes... you wouldn't be able to get away from it... so I'm thinking I'll count on "no sunroof" until I here reports from first in owners :)

Another thing I wonder about, is the back of the front seats. My current car(s) have pouches there for magazines, kids coloring books, etc etc. Great for putting stuff rather than having to toss it all on the floor. I notice this is absent in the ModelS and X.

Lots I love about this car, and can't wait to get it. Just want to make sure I've weighed everything out before selecting options etc.

What do you think?

Many cars have motorized lifts. you just have to deal with it. As someone pointed out, you may have an app for that.

All car makers know that drivers wear Oakley polarized sunglasses.

Kangaroo pouches would be nice. Limos have them too.

I know the motorized lifts on the Falcon Doors, I'm just referring to the speed to open and close in a hurry. Dealing with it is ok, but sometimes I feel that it's "hey we have this cool feature", but it slows me down.

Also, of course car makers know we wear Oakley's, but those car companies arent using basically a giant IPad Display as the centre stack. When I look at knobs and buttons its totally different than looking at a full 17" screen.

Again, I'm not dissing the car, I'm making friendly discussion while wait for more info and the Design Studio

With the retracting handles, and falcon doors etc, this appears to slow the whole process down. I have to (unless I get the proximity key) push the handle, wait for it to retract and then get in or open the door. Same with the Falcon doors - cool as the are.
I agree with both concerns. That's one reason I'm springing for the Tech Package on my S. Re the falcon doors on the Model X, @nleggatt has the truth of it--the electric sliders on minivans, etc. are an exercise in patience, and the falcon doors will be, too.

I've been giving some thought to some things regarding accessability (etc) on both the ModelS and ModelX.

Another curious thought is the centre stack. I have polarized Oakley sunglasses and if I rotate my IPad, I can't read the screen. (it's either lanscaped or portrait, just can't remember). I wonder if you can see the screen with polarized glasses on... might be worth trying.

What do you think?

As long as the screen in beta goes to production, polarized glasses will not at all effect viewing of either screens, and actually cut any glare pretty well too. I've heard a few others mention they've tried this in the Beta in direct sunlight as well.