Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Hybrid Model X competitors

Porsche Panamera Sport Turismo gets its driving debut

...335-horsepower, supercharged V6 powerplant, working in unison with a 95-horsepower electric motor in a parallel hybrid setup. Porsche states that the Sport Turismo has a 30-km (18.6 mile) pure-electric range...
    Moderator - Roadster, and Future Cars forums

Yes it has a reasonable size trunk but it's still a 4 passenger car. Without a third row it's more an AWD Model S competitor than a Model X competitor. I still think the Volvo XC60 crossover plug in hybrid wagon is the closest competition. At least it's a full 5 seater and will more than likely have good ground clearance which puts it somewhere between a competitor to the Model S and X. I wish we could get the diesel one in the US.

2013 Volvo V60 Diesel Plug-In Hybrid Begins Production

I saw a Cayenne ad today that made me smile and think Tesla is #winning.

See the text - low-end torque and range being the main sticking points, (besides the diesel 29mpg) and closes with "...to ensure the fueling station won't disrupt your visceral sensations".

I saw it as good news, because the main points seem all directed to a model X (or any luxury-class-EV-SUV). Since when a suburban SUV needs to tout its "range"? (Last time I worried about the range of a ICE 4x4 at a trip's outset was somewhere near the Egypt-Libyan border). Also starting to attack the 'fueling'/'charging' as a detriment to the driving sensation. I saw it all as reactive.

Name:  Screen Shot 2012-12-19 at 5.11.48 PM.png
Views: 537
Size:  1.03 MB

And as to the "clean diesel" logo, this came to mind:

Name:  Screen Shot 2012-12-19 at 5.30.22 PM.png
Views: 524
Size:  688.1 KB
    Tesla Model X #1188
    This post is (c) the author, all rights reserved, not to be used outside the TMC forums without explicit consent.

Hmm, I dunno. I don't see it as going at EVs. I mean nearly 800 miles on a tank of gas is something to talk about isn't it? I know in my Q5, a fillup shows 395 on the dash. I think I've seen 415 in the A6 once (before it learned how I drive heh).

Back to the Cayenne, as mentioned, 800 miles on a tank is impressive, and I bet it'll do that on the base model. Personally, I'm hoping for a 120kwh Model X and more superchargers because the Model S range barely does it for me and an SUV (which is typically our long range vehicle) with something like 80% (was that the number?) of the range of the Model S is pretty much useless in this household.

26 gallon tank. That's gonna hurt to refill.
    Truly Electric Spaceship-Like Adventure ~ Signature Model Spaceship

PLEASE NOTE: these musings are the copyrighted intellectual property of the author, and are intended as part of a conversation among the Tesla Motors Clubs membership. My words may not be quoted by any third party outside the Tesla Motors Clubs forums, without my expressed consent. Especially the NYT, which is clearly ethically challenged.

Model S5,651, Model X109
    Quote Originally Posted by brianman View Post
    26 gallon tank. That's gonna hurt to refill.
    Lol, while the regular unleaded I put in my Suburban isn't as expensive as diesel, it's makes up for it by having a 40 gallon tank. Needless to say, I'm REALLY looking forward to getting my Model S.
    Model S Performance, VIN 02595. Blue, Tan, Matte Obeche. Best car I've ever driven.

It seems to me the main advantage of the Model X over all the competition both now and the near future is the extra interior space and reliability gained by choosing not to have gas engine in addition to the electric. We already see that with the Model S. When the Model X comes out with its huge amounts of interior space without being a gas guzzler (or the electric equivalent), it will be like a sledge hammer driving the advantages of pure electric home. I can't wait!

[top]Spied: Porsche Plugs-in the New Cayenne S Hybrid E

http://www.carscoops.com/2014/03/spi...cayenne-s.html

Porsche isn't the type of automaker that keeps new technologies limited to a single model series, so when it introduced the Panamera S Hybrid E PHEV (Plug-in Hybrid Electric Vehicle) last year, we instantaneously knew that the Cayenne would be next to adopt this powertrain.
    At a first glance, this Cayenne looked like just another lightly covered prototype for theupcoming mid-cycle facelift for the series, but then Porsche engineers connected a plug to the car and it became evident that it's the S Hybrid E version.Whereas it's a given that the Cayenne will share the same parallel, plug-in hybrid powertrain as the Panamera S Hybrid E, at this point, we don't know if Porsche will keep the same output levels.
    On the saloon, the system pairs a 316hp 3.0-liter V6 gasoline unit to a 94hp (95PS / 70 kW) electric motor and a 9.4 kWh lithium-ion battery that can be fully charged in 180 minutes via the Porsche Universal Charger (AC), and in just under 240 minutes through a conventional household electrical outlet. The system delivers a combined out of 410hp (416PS). With full use of the battery juice, it can return an average fuel consumption of 3.1 liters/100 km (75.8 US mpg).

The plug-in hybrid Cayenne should be ready within the next year or so.

By John Halas
    Photo Credits: CarPix for CarScoopS
    Name:  2016-Porsche-Cayenne-PHEV-02%u002525255B3%u002525255D.jpg
Views: 147
Size:  303.8 KB
    My Volt plate: Hey... FAUQUE 2 ...OPEC | 31.4K EV miles and 73% EV usage
    Tesla Model X - Sig:603 / Keeping the Volt too!

Thread Information