Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Roadsters on CTV News

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Doug_G

Lead Moderator
Global Moderator
Apr 2, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
ctv.jpg

I've volunteered to help out a new company building Canadian EV infrastructure, Sun Country Highway, at the Canadian International Auto Show in Toronto next week. I drove to Toronto yesterday via a new EV Charger they installed at Berc's Steakhouse in Peterborough.

Once we arrived in Toronto we did an interview with CTV, which was shown on the local Toronto station and syndicated across Canada. Here's the video (I'll try to locate a permanent link):

CTVNews : Electric cars

Both Roadsters will be on display at the Auto Show. And yes, my poor salt-encrusted Roadster has been detailed!

Last edited:
What type of "EV Charger" is installed at the steakhouse (and what amperage).

It's a Clipper Creek with J1772, 30A.

The original plan was to install 70A but unfortunately the restaurant did not have enough capacity. That made it a challenge to get to CTV on time, but I made it!

Sun Country Highways wants to install higher power wherever they can.

Too bad it's only 30A, oh well, I guess that will encourage patrons to spend more time in the restaurant. I'm happy to hear Sun Country Highways intends to install higher power EVSEs, seems like most public J1772 are 30A max.

Well, it's enough to get you to Toronto, year-round, unlike the KOAs that are currently closed. Hopefully they'll put in another location with more power. I'd love to see something in Belleville.