Page 90 of 90 FirstFirst ... 40808687888990

Thread: Model X Tally

Quote Originally Posted by adiggs View Post
    Now the question to be pondered - will the Model X reveal be a big enough event to be worth traveling from Portland to attend? There's an important part of me leaning towards "yes", but I fear that might be the fanboi answering the question. At some point, surely the "you only live once" response stops being valid, right?
    personally, I would say no. If i got to test drive the car, sometime that day or week then I would do it, otherwise very unsure. I however am one of those crazy people who will not fully commit to paying six figures for a car without a test drive. I do hope the test drives are made available well in advance of committing, which if memory serves me correctly was not the case for early "s" reservation holders. As one guy I know bought one...said when it arrived.... " time for the "110 000" dollar test drive.

Quote Originally Posted by adiggs View Post
    Now the question to be pondered - will the Model X reveal be a big enough event to be worth traveling from Portland to attend? There's an important part of me leaning towards "yes", but I fear that might be the fanboi answering the question. At some point, surely the "you only live once" response stops being valid, right?
    Categorically, yes.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ocelot View Post
    personally, I would say no. If i got to test drive the car, sometime that day or week then I would do it, otherwise very unsure. I however am one of those crazy people who will not fully commit to paying six figures for a car without a test drive. I do hope the test drives are made available well in advance of committing, which if memory serves me correctly was not the case for early "s" reservation holders. As one guy I know bought one...said when it arrived.... " time for the "110 000" dollar test drive.
    Ocelot - your sanity seems to be misplaced here at the sanitorium.

Seriously, this is one disadvantage we all face being early adopters of this technology right now. If I wanted an AWD gas car, I'd have dozens of choices at lots of price points, with all sorts of permutations to choose among. Even if I included an AWD Model S (that we just assume is coming), then I'm about a year+ away from 2 options.

I personally don't buy many cars (I have a notion that the Model X has a reasonable chance of being my 2nd and last new car purchase), so it doesn't really affect me, but the world will be a better place when buyers have dozens of choices from many brands and makers of electric vehicles.

And I do lean towards "yes". That'll be one heck of a show they'll need to put on
    Roadster Sport #969 (Jet Black). "NV MYEV"
    Model X Sig # 184. "L0L MPG"
    Vertically integrated personal oil and gas industry online Feb 2013, upgraded March 2014 (10kW Solar Array)

Roadster #1144 + Sig 114 dsm363's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ocelot View Post
    The Model X launch will hopefully be smoother than the S. They are no longer burning through tons of cash a day so the rush to market should be less. I doubt they would force you to finalize without a test drive so you should be good.
    Moderator - Model S, Mountain/Southwest, Northwest, Off Topic forums
    PLEASE NOTE: Posts are the copyrighted intellectual property of the author, and are intended as part of a conversation within this forum. My words may NOT be quoted outside this forum, without my expressed consent.

Blog Entries
    Tally updated with EU and US numbers; total now 13,837

Thread Information