Page 1 of 59 123451151 ... LastLast

Thread: Model S Celebrities

Model S Celebrities

In an article on the Model X today: Tesla Shows Gull-Wing Electric SUV Ahead of Model S Sales - Businessweek
    it was mentioned that actor/producer Jon Favreau is on the Model S waiting list. I also remember hearing that ex-NBA player and former co-host of the now defunct SpeedTV "The Car Show", John Salley was on the waiting list.

I think some celebs driving around in Model S's would be great free advertising for the company...
    Last edited by mcornwell; 2012-02-10 at 10:21 AM.

I remember seeing Dominic Monaghan of Lost fame say on Top Gear US that he was on the reservation list.

Roadster #1144 + Sig 114 dsm363's Avatar
    Maybe they can do an ad campaign with celebrities saying "I am a Tesla" or something. Ok, maybe there is a reason I'm not in advertising

Blog Entries
    There were celebrities driving the EV1, the Prius and the Roadster...there will be some driving the Model S.

Quote Originally Posted by NigelM View Post
    There were celebrities driving the EV1, the Prius and the Roadster...there will be some driving the Model S.

Toyota orchestrated a groundbreaking celebrity campaign seeding Hollywood. Not as organic as it seemed on the outside.

I suppose they will drive up to the red carpet to come out of the falcon door...
    Buying an EV is one thing, being able to drive it beyond city limits another...

Quote Originally Posted by Norbert View Post
    I suppose they will drive up to the red carpet to come out of the falcon door...
    Yeah it's pretty hard to look graceful on the carpet in a long dress getting out of the Roadster.

According to this WSJ article, world renown Biologist Craig Venter is a Roadster owner and is also on the Model S waiting list...

(Venter was on the cover of Wired magazine a while ago)Name:  cover12_08.jpg
Views: 18859
Size:  49.5 KB

"It's pretty cool driving with no tailpipe," says J. Craig Venter, the biotechnology entrepreneur and a Roadster owner. Mr. Venter says he is in line for a Model S because he wants an electric car he can drive from his institute's campus in San Diego to Los Angeles, and bring some other people along. The Model S will join a collection that includes some motorcycles and a 2006 Aston Martin convertible, Mr. Venter says.

The Aston "doesn't get great gas mileage," he says. But "it sounds great."

Will.i.am is a roadster owner and is on the reservation list for the Model S (He said he's on the Model S reservation list here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dhb0FfyTehg).

Seth Green (private tour today?) http://www.whosay.com/sethgreen/photos/161826

Thread Information