Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone else think the falcon doors + normal front doors is weird looking

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone else think that the normal front doors plus falcon doors in the book is a bit odd combination. I think a cooler look is if there is just one set of falcon doors (one falcon door on each side of the car). Basically combine the front and back door, so each side has one falcon wing that opens and reveals all the rows. The wing doors will be bigger than the current ones but smaller than both doors put side by side.

Does anyone else think that the normal front doors plus falcon doors in the book is a bit odd combination. I think a cooler look is if there is just one set of falcon doors (one falcon door on each side of the car). Basically combine the front and back door, so each side has one falcon wing that opens and reveals all the rows. The wing doors will be bigger than the current ones but smaller than both doors put side by side.

They should have done lambo doors up front and had a circus clown giving ridealongs, spinning hubcaps optional.

I don't care too much how it looks when open. I just can't find any advantage over, say, sliding doors ? The set of two doors makes IMO perfect sense, it's a family car, so you got to be able to get out of the car, without opening the rear doors / access to the rear seats. It would be too dangerous otherwise. The disadvantage of falcon doors is the impossibility to have a roof rack. BTW how high do you guess they open up ? Really could also be a problem in car parks. Must say my expectations were higher than what i saw until now. I was expecting a really (huge) practical family hauler. The sloping line / hatchback style does not promise that.

Can we at least make all the doors falcons?

Can we at least make all the doors falcons? Its just so bizarre that the front has normal doors but the back is all futuristic falcon?

Also, the top can still carry stuff like bikes and snowboards, you just gotta exit the front, remove them, and then let the ppl in the back out. Failure to remember that there was stuff on your roof may prove disastrous.

Last edited:
must say in real life it looked spectacular and the doors were very easy to get in and out of. on another note the sloping roof did not make it to difficult to sit in the third row. I am 6'3" and was fine in the third row. not a lot of head room above but enough to be comfortable.

Agree.

must say in real life it looked spectacular and the doors were very easy to get in and out of. on another note the sloping roof did not make it to difficult to sit in the third row. I am 6'3" and was fine in the third row. not a lot of head room above but enough to be comfortable.

+1

I am 6'4" and I was shocked that I had enough headroom.

The reason I could sit bolt upright and not touch the ceiling was because the headliner ended about 9" in front of my face and above my head was just the rear windshield.

I can tell you the third row has more headroom than my sister's 2005 Honda Odyssey.

Thank you for the information, could you also tell us what the legroom was like and seating comfort/height?
Haven't seen any pictures of the third row.

I don't remember the legroom being an issue at all- it was good. And the 2nd row was all the way back too.

I was able to get in and get out of the third row directly but moving the seat forward (there were electric buttons up high on the side of the 2nd row) makes it a piece of cake.

My friend who is 6'5" sat in the second row and he said the headroom and legroom were great there too.