Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wants to buy an early Model S Signature slot

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a friend in Texas who is willing to pay $5.000-10.000 for an early Model S Signature slot. Amount depending on how early the original reservation was placed. Anyone wants to trade their contract? According to the T&C the car probably have to be delivered to the original reservationholder first, then sold. This is not a problem. Please contact me if you know of someone that might be interested.

just go to a tesla store and ask for a slot, someone changed from Model S to Model X

There is a wait list. How long that wait list is, I don't know, but I suspect the wait list is longer than the number of S Sig holders defecting to a Model X.

At any rate, I think it is going to take a lot more than $5k - $10k to get an early sig holder to sell their spot. The early Sig holders are probably the most fervent about the Model S so it is going to take a lot for them to give it up.

I am #684 (not really at the front but high enough for a late July early August delivery) and I would not sell my spot. I just want the car so much that it would be very difficult for me to give it up.

Just a thought about early adopters.

So I'm a Roadster owner w/ a Sig reservation but I'm not confident I want a Sig. So I could add an R reservation and sell this person my Sig - would only delay my delivery by a couple months. However, we're talking $100k here and there is a TON of risk to buy a $100k car to someone else's specs if they back out, checks bounce, etc. I would want the entire cost paid to me and cleared through my bank by the time I would lock in options which is a huge risk to the buyer. Idk just doesn't feel quite right to me.