Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Will the Tesla Website have a section for the Model X after the unveil?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
attachment.php?attachmentid=4079&d=1328729183.jpg

attachment.php?attachmentid=4080&d=1328729183.jpg

Attachments

• x.jpg
    x.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 645
  • xw.jpg
    xw.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 601
Interesting that they'd take deposits on the Model X before they've begun delivering the Model S. I wonder how many Model S sales they'll lose to the Model X.
That's an interesting question. I think it depends upon prices and features a lot...not to mention anticipated beginning of delivery.
My Prius will be 9 years old by the time my Model S is delivered and I'll have been waiting what, almost 4 years since putting down a deposit. While an SUV would be nice for many of the things I do it's not imperitive, we have an SUV (Highlander Hybrid) that will serve and I just don't think I have the patience for another wait unless this thing offers some major improvement (like 400 mile range).

Highly doubt there will be a 400 mile range option because:
(1) Model X uses the same exact size battery packs as the Model S
(2) It's possible because it's being introduced 18 months later the cells have better chemistry BUT
(3) This is a significantly taller vehicle with a potentially worse drag coefficient

So my guess is that better cells are offset by worse cdA and you get 300 mile range in best case.

Note that the Model S by then should have a 330-390 mile option.

Last edited:
Highly doubt there will be a 400 mile range option because:
(1) Model X uses the same exact size battery packs as the Model S
(2) It's possible because it's being introduced 18 months later the cells have better chemistry BUT
(3) This is a significantly taller vehicle with a potentially worse drag coefficient

So my guess is that better cells are offset by worse cdA and you get 300 mile range in best case.

Note that the Model S by then should have a 330-390 mile option.
Yes, I realize that...which is part of the reason it's highly unlikely my reservation will change.