Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model S Buyer Demographics: Gender

What is your gender, and the gender of the primary driver of the Model S?

• I'm male and will also be the primary driver

Votes: 129 71.3%
  • I'm male, and my partner will be the primary driver

Votes: 20 11.0%
  • I'm male, and it's complicated.

Votes: 21 11.6%
  • I'm female and will also be the primary driver

Votes: 8 4.4%
  • I'm female, and my partner will be the primary driver

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • I'm female, and it's complicated.

Votes: 1 0.6%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Right now my partner has no interest in electric vehicles, and really hates all things Tesla because I talk about it more than she would like. So to start I will be solidly:
I'm male and will also be the primary driver.
So I voted that way.

I suspect after a few months I will probably be in:
I'm male, and it's complicated.
and hopefully not:
I'm male, and my partner will be the primary driver.

My wife was initially neutral Tesla and EVs.

... but, after seeing the car in person she went from 'are you crazy?' to 'Ok to purchase' (yay!)
... Now she has a Tesla jacket and I don't....
... and our idea of a "hot date" is to show up at the Santana Row store to watch the webcast of the Model X announcement (can't jet to LA on a Thursday with kids in school).

So, maybe I should have said "it's complicated." I'm starting to wonder if I'm going to be allowed to drive the S when it arrives.

/Mitch.

Another thing has interested me. I always think "What car will I buy next?" And I always have a short list, if not outright answer. And it changes on a monthly basis. My fiancee never thinks about her next car. The only answers I get is "My Civic is just fine!", "I liked my CRV before my Civic. Why are you asking me that.", or "A behemoth, mega cab, full bed F-250 duallie!".

I think the last one is a joke. But sometimes I can't tell.

I don't know if that is why we are at 100% male answers right now. But it could be something.

Seems like the survey wording assumes if you are male then your partner is female. I am male and my partner is also male. What you really probably want to know is "1. I am <male/female>. 2. The primary driver will be <me/female partner/male partner>."

Seems like the survey wording assumes if you are male then your partner is female. I am male and my partner is also male. What you really probably want to know is "1. I am <male/female>. 2. The primary driver will be <me/female partner/male partner>."
I did indeed waffle on the wording, choosing the gender-neutral "partner" eventually recognizing that this diluted the "gender" question.

Ummm ... so I'm female (no, really!) and plan on either a combination of Roadster/Model S, or Roadster/Model X (waiting for the unveiling) ... and I will be primary driver on both. Which one will depend on how I feel that day. Or if I have the dogs. Or if it's a really beautiful day and I want the top off.

Many of us like technology and cars, in addition to pedicures and shopping. :)

Last edited:
Ummm ... so I'm female (no, really!) and plan on either a combination of Roadster/Model S, or Roadster/Model X (waiting for the unveiling) ... and I will be primary driver on both. Which one will depend on how I feel that day. Or if I have the dogs. Or if it's a really beautiful day and I want the top off.

Many of us like technology and cars, in addition to pedicures and shopping. :)

I did say "mostly"...but Bonnie you realize that you're part of the elite 2% on this forum!!

How will you ever be able to provide "cat protection" for all that Tesla roof space? Maybe I should start investing in carboard box manufacturing.

I've already started saving up. :)

I've also upgraded my original cardboard box to a much sturdier cardboard box. The important thing is that it also distribute the cat's weight when it decides to jump down from the rafters above - it took a couple of mornings of concave struts to figure out what was going on.