Edit: Just received email from Tesla confirming I can release what I know...
- 1st meeting point: Zurich store morning of the 9th.
- 2nd meeting point: restaurant half-way for people from Bern or Basel or other areas to join us.
- 3rd meeting point: just outside of Geneva Auto Show for all owners from that area.
- The Road trip would ideally be accompanied by one or more journalists who each would be driving with one of the Roadsters (as a passenger).
- We have a special parking lot reserved just outside the exhibition hall (see attached plan at P11) and there will be press coverage from the Salon itself.
- After making a parade towards the parking, owners would then go to visit the Salon and of course our stand where they would get a small welcome drink and a “VIP tour” around the Model S.
Last edited by Kevin Sharpe; 01-28-2012 at 01:35 AM.
Kevin Sharpe - Founder and Patron for UK registered charity Zero Carbon World. Founder and Chairman Mainpine Group. http://about.me/kevinsharpe
Hope to see the Model X there.
if someone wants to join me on the ride? Feel free to contact me, sending a PM.
Last edited by Eberhard; 01-28-2012 at 04:14 AM.
Tesla switzerland want to make the
largest ever tesla roadster roadtrip in Europe.
By the way, the Starling Hotel next to the hall on the map is a TOTAL RIP OFF and nothing at all special. I was there just last week and they even wanted about £30 extra for breakfast.
LA COLOMBIERE - Hotel has tonnes more character and is located about 100m south east of Halle 1.
Plan to join the trip.
Ride from Meilenwerk/Böblingen to Hotel Dolder Zürich (~200 km ) no problem.
But Zürich to Genf (~320 km) kritical - so charging (32A) on the way should be planed.
Will TESLA Swiss organize this?
I do Zurich Nyon (between geneva andy Lausanne) regularly. No problems as long as you have fully toped off charge and drive in range mode at about 90 to 100km/h then you will get there with power to spare. I think there is an HPC at the La Reserve hotel which is right next door to the airport and should work great for the re-charge at the Geneva end. I am hopping to join the crowd but am not sure yet if I will be in Switzerland at the time.
Hope to see you all then
more information in german: http://www.tff-forum.de/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=149
i will charge in Böblingen too, then travel to Dolder Grand.
I won't be able to make it to Geneva. Would have liked to meet you all and have a look at Model S, and eventually see more of Model X.
@Martin > you can charge 32 amp at Grauholz (just north of Bern). If somebody takes the route over basel, i can offer my 32amp plug. Otherwise >LEMnet - Internationales Verzeichnis der Stromtankstellen
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)