Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tow Pack?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Greetings Telsa Fans,

I've read on here where some have suggesting towing a trailer for extending range and I've always assumed they meant a gas trailer. However it occurred to me a battery pack trailer could be designed around the small roadster battery. I would think it could be designed in a tight package and aerodynamic. I would also think that while your at it you could add some other features like powers source for appliances or electric charging, lighting, additional storage and compartments, etc.

I could make another leap and go with the $10K per 100 mile range logic and assume that by repurposing the roadster pack this new "tow pack" could come together fairly quickly and thus inexpensively. So now we have a 400 mile range EV with some amazing features. I am seeing some awesome possibilities!

Say, how about going to a summer festival. I know, let's go to Burning Man! If you've got the Modex X with Tow Pack you can bring all your peeps, supplies including tents, gazeboes, bbq's, spend 3 nights and having power for your gadgets with model s hotspot, drive there an back without needing to recharge!

So what do you think? Maybe a bit overzealous but i see this as a faster faster and cheaper way to get to 400 mile range. That is of course unless the Model S will have a 400 mile pack in the not so distant future and if that is the case, please disregard this entire rant.

Phew, i had to get that out and no one else i know cares about EV's to humor me with such discussions!